gas block position
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > gas block position

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default gas block position

hello, long time viewer first time poster

I am looking at doing some work on my 186 series mini14. Thinking through the work, I have a simple question. When you remove the gas block and then reinstall the gas block, is the correct position marked on the barrel? How do you know you will get back in the same position? Sorry in advance for the simple question.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #2

Liked 199 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 120

The gas port bushing sticking up out of the gas pipe and gas block will properly locate your gas block on the barrel every time. It has to go there, if it doesn't your gas port bushing must have fallen out as you were re assembling. Just make sure you torque the gas block screws alternately, like lug nuts on a tire, until snug ( most of us don't have or use a torque wrench on it). And get the gap between the top and bottom of the gas block the same on each side, as best you can.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

sure that sounds great, i knew it was a silly question. I have never removed a gas block. I am going to order some parts I purchase my rifle way back in 1997, thought I would put some parts on it. Sad to say the this rifle has a very low round count.