Front Sights?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Front Sights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Front Sights?

Guys, I have found the front sights on my mini to be too thick, what's a good FRONT sight alternative, (something like an adjustable or fixed AR front style) or even a package deal for better front & rear sights?
I do like the Mo-Rod muzzle brake & sight combo But cost wise....

What say ye firearms lovers?

Brother_COM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #2

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

KMO has in my opinion the best front sight/brake combo around. Or, check Tips On Accurizing the Mini-14 Part-3 on narrowing the front sight blade. Easily done on a mill, if you have on or have access to one, or it can be done carefully by hand if you are so inclined. There is also a M-14 style flash suppressor and front sight out there which will work also. It is also a pin-on style.

Jim......

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #3

Jim, have you ever seen Tech-Sights? I have them on my 10/22 and they make a Mini-14 rear sight. What do you know about them?

Glen

Old 06-29-2011, 02:12 AM   #4
KMO

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Reaper beckons thee, Bro COM...Inquire about a discount for a Firearmstalk.com member...

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

+1 for the Mo-Reaper. Well worth the cost.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:33 AM   #6

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMO View Post
The Reaper beckons thee, Bro COM...Inquire about a discount for a Firearmstalk.com member...
I think i'm ready for the Reaper! Did you say we can request a discount?

Thanks,
Glen

Old 07-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
KMO

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Did you say we can request a discount?
Sure...Anyone can "request" a discount...LOL... It's convincing me that one is truly worthy of a discount that presents a challenge...

(I do discount for military, police, online gun forum regulars, people that think and believe like me, etc.)

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Last edited by KMO; 07-24-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It's hard to beat KMO's products for the Mini-14. Excellent service, price and performance.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #9

I have a mo reaper but I cant get my front sight off. I gave up for worrying about doing damage. Anyone have some tricks up there sleeves to get it off. My lastthought on this was to shoot her till the barrel heated up and see if that my loosen things up. But my wife has been sick most of this summer and I havent had the chance to get out much.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #10

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbernater View Post
I have a mo reaper but I cant get my front sight off. I gave up for worrying about doing damage. Anyone have some tricks up there sleeves to get it off. My lastthought on this was to shoot her till the barrel heated up and see if that my loosen things up. But my wife has been sick most of this summer and I havent had the chance to get out much.
Shooting it hot is not going to work, That will probably make it harder to get off because you are heating the barrel more then the sight.

I have had good luck by locking the barrel down in a good solidly mounted vice between hardwood blocks and heating the front sight with a torch and tapping it off with a brass drift and a good heavy hammer.

Installing a tight fitting front site and I freeze the end of the barrel in dry ice and heat the sight a bit and you can put it on by hand, but you have to be quick and get it lined up and get the pin in.