Flush Mount Q.D. swivel Install
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Flush Mount Q.D. swivel Install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default Flush Mount Q.D. swivel Install

A few months ago I finally got around to getting the Mini it's own sling so I could return the one I'd borrowed from my 870 slug gun. I ordered another Spectre sling and the butt pouch they sell for a Mini 20 round magazine. The Spectre loops around the butt and the sling is attaches to either side depending on whether you are right or left handed. So you don't need to put a swivel there unless you just want to. Mine is on the right side as I am left handed. The sling comes with a bunch of connectors that aren't needed, but they can be removed to simplify the set up.
For the fore arm mount, I had been looking at a GG&G ( out of Tucson) Universal Q.D. mount. It mounts with two external screws, so is not a flush mount. They also have the same type mount but with a loop or with a fixed swivel.
http://www.gggaz.com/universal-quick-detach-sling-attachment.html
Then I saw the Noveske flush Q.D. socket. You have to drill a 1/2" hole in the side of your stock, and a square nut threads on the inside of the stock to secure it. I took my stock off to take a picture of the nut in place, but the heat shield was blocking the view, and I did not want to take my heat shield off unless really necessary. Like many people with the Hogue Mini stock, the little tab that the heat shield snaps onto broke off on mine, and I did not like the heat shield being loose, so I countersunk a small screw to hold it down and Locktited it in. The square nut will have to be countersunk with a Dremel to ensure it does not push out on your heat shield. To finish up I put blue Locktite on the threads that hold the square nut on.
It it pretty stout, it will not pull out without ripping out the whole end of the stock. It is nice to pop the swivel out instantly when I am doing a thorough cleaning and want to separate the barreled action from the stock.
http://www.shopnoveske.com/products/flush-qd-sling-mount

Last edited by sandog; 03-18-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Misfire51 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Brother that is a super clean install job of that swivel, I will be checking out your links , that is something that I definitely want to do to mine. As always , your gun looks bitchen dude.

Tony/ Mighty Arms, Firearms & Accessories
mightyarms.com

sandog Likes This 
Old 03-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts

Impressive! It's the little touches that define workmanship and you've delivered big time. Well done.

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are." Buckroo Banzai - 1984

Old 03-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #4

Liked 240 Times on 158 Posts

Very nice job. Never seen these before now. QD mounts on ARs are the way to go. I can imagine these being used on a multitude of rifles. Thanks for the info.

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #5

Liked 182 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Thanks. Let us know, CoSteve, how your Mini project progresses.