Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Early model Stainless Steel Mini 14 - Any Value?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Early model Stainless Steel Mini 14 - Any Value?

I have a earlier model stainless steal mini 14 with the wood heat shield cover. I also got a M&P 40, and after work my buddies like to go out do some top shot style competition shooting with their pistols. I can't afford to shoot a 100 rounds through my m&p 40 every week so I got my eyes on the new m&p 22lr to match my m&p 40 (the rest of the guys have 22lr pistols and we are all considering changing over to use 22 rounds).

Anyways I want to trade in my mini to help fund this idea. my question is what is it worth? A new m&p 22lr pistol is going for close to $360 or $390 if I want to order one. Two local gun shops offered to buy my mini for $300 but I feel a little cheated. My mini would come with two Ruger OEM 5 round mags, 1 ruger OEM 20 round mag, and a 30 round mag. Plus a case and a decent Stainless steel scope. It is in good shape but it is also an older model so it shows some use. I will post picture up today when I get home from work. But it pretty much looks just like this one with a scope.

I have heard that the Stainless Steel and wood heat shield add some value but I would like some more clarification.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'd give you at least $350.00 in a heartbeat

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKANE View Post
my question is what is it worth?

Old 09-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #4

Default series 182 mini 14

First off, if your local gun shops are like mine, then u know that they will screw you on the price of their guns as well as buying yours. Think of them like pawn shops. Now having said that your gun looks like a series 182 Ruger Mini 14 in wood/stainless. In doin about a minutes worth of research, I've found that this gun can go anywhere between $450-$500, depending on condition and buyer... Now obviously if ur looking to get rid of it in a hurry ur gonna have to take a cut. I'm sure you'll still be able to get $350-$400 in a short amount of time.. you already got a $350 offer by a firearmstalk member... If its an easy deal u want to make i would recommend going to Budsgunshop.com and see what they can do with a trade for the M&P 22lr(S&W M&P22 22LR 4.1 10R BL/BLK, Model: 122000 Item Condition: Factory New Bud's Item Number: 72002
Lee Gurney is the man u want to talk to if your interested...

Old 09-09-2011, 04:00 AM   #5

Thanks for the info, I feel a lot better about walking away from the dealer when they offered me $300 now. Here are some pictures of my gun. How do I know if it is a 182? When I was in high school my dad gave me the gun. I thought it might have been part of the barrel recall but the guy told me it was the earlier model with the thicker barrel. If that means anything. Is there a way to look it up via the serial number?

Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

If my dad had gave it to me, Id keep it, and find another way to get the money.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:07 AM   #7

Default series 182

series 182 refers to the first three letters of the serial number.. it should be located somewhere in the receiver area

Old 09-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley_32 View Post
series 182 refers to the first three letters of the serial number.. it should be located somewhere in the receiver area
Yeah after I asked that I looked ha ha the first three numbers are 182.

my dad gave me a few guns around that time. I will never sale my winchester 30-06 featherweight since I shot my first deer with my dad using that gun. We never shot the mini together much. He bought it a long time ago for hunting out of our skiff in Alaska. It makes an awesome little gun for hunting little Sitka black tail in the bush. Totally different hunting style in Idaho. There is almost no trees where I hunt. Basically I think I could have more fun/use with the m&p 22 which matches my beloved 40.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #9

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you still looking to sell her we will give you $400 on the spot. Let us know if your interested.

Scubie

Old 09-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #10

Thanks I will let you know. I am still trying to find a dealer that have the M&P 22lr in stock right now. Bud's only has it for their VIP members.