Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Mini-14 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   can some one help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f95/can-some-one-help-25794/)

ANAKINANAYA 04-08-2010 04:18 AM

can some one help

i have read that someone has made a homemade accu strut or their min-14 i read that they got the blocks from cheaper than dirt can anyone post how to do this and what the correct name for the parts used are so i can try to get them and make this mod thanks.

Shihan 04-08-2010 04:51 AM

This is from a member here and a Vendor. Looks like good stuff. Give it a Try. Not sure if he give FTF member discounts or not, could try to PM him.
Mo-Rod

KMO 04-08-2010 01:18 PM

As I've stated before, I would never discourage a do-it-yourselfer from doing great things, but nearly all of the homemade barrel stabilizers I have seen have only a 2-point anchor, the two points being the clamps attaching it to the barrel. This would be the same if those clamps from CTD are used. Finding a way to achieve 3-point anchoring (2 barrel clamps + 1 gas block connection) will give superior results over just the 2 barrel clamp connections. My own barrel stabilizer project initially began with a 2-point system, but ultimately morphed into a much better 3-point design. It's not all that easy unless one is equipped with at least an end mill. My partner & I are now cranking out a variety of our stabilizers to fit the growing variety of Mini-14's & Mini-30's on the market. Long live the do-it-yourselfer, but sometimes it's nice to capitalize on someone else's prior efforts by avoiding all the trial & error. Discounts? ...always to active military & LE, and often to my friends as well...I can be talked into it as long as Mo-Rod remains more of a hobby than a livelihood...;)

By the way, the clamp you were asking about is probably the UTG or Leapers Tri-Rail Accessory Barrel Clamp. It's on ebay & Amazon, as well as some regular Internet suppliers.

robocop10mm 04-08-2010 01:41 PM

Whatever.....

KMO 04-08-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

You can always try the method of accurizing a Mini-14 that I found about 23 years ago. It also improves reliability, looks cooler and allows much more accessorizing...It is called "Buy an AR-15".

Sorry, (kind of) I just had to say it. To each his own. Trying to make a rifle do what it was not designed to do is challenging and expensive.
I was pleased to be a part of this forum because I thought this sort of "Buy an AR" baloney was not tolerated over here. And now a moderator is posting this??? And, saying that accurizing a Mini-14 is "challenging and expensive" is absolutely untrue. There are several easy fixes for the Mini that are not expensive at all.

Kaptin 04-08-2010 02:25 PM

come on man, this is a mini-14 forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 266603)
You can always try the method of accurizing a Mini-14 that I found about 23 years ago. It also improves reliability, looks cooler and allows much more accessorizing...It is called "Buy an AR-15".

Sorry, (kind of) I just had to say it. To each his own. Trying to make a rifle do what it was not designed to do is challenging and expensive.

There is nothing COOLER about an AR-15 in my eyes, sorry (kind of) :cool:

Brad 04-08-2010 02:31 PM

http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/popcorn1.gif

In for result

robocop10mm 04-08-2010 02:32 PM

Never mind

Kaptin 04-08-2010 02:40 PM

Just trying to stir the pot? You AR boys are all the same...hahaha:)

KMO 04-08-2010 03:03 PM

Politically correct? That's certainly the first time I've ever been accused of that. And, it doesn't even apply here. My point is that I was pleased that this forum was purposely set up with an AR section separate from the Mini-14 section. I thought (silly me) that this was done for the distinct purpose of minimizing "flaming", like your post. When a guy starts a thread because he wants to improve his Mini-14, there is nothing more unproductive than all the AR fans chiming in with "You should have bought an AR instead" posts. If the moderators are going to initiate this sort of baloney (and then defend it when challenged about it), the problem will only get worse in a hurry. You should not be a moderator, robocop10mm.