Butler Creek or Choate?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Butler Creek or Choate?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Default Butler Creek or Choate?

I'll soon get my modded 183 series back, it will be a kinda mini CAR, in fact is wearing the 51/2 inch CAR hider. Have the Butler Creek stock but am thinking about switching to Choate. Want to use an MS3 sling and the Choate has a swivel while the B.C. has to have something threaded in wherever you can. Does anyone know if the folder on the Choate has a metal loop inside that plastic stock? It looks more bulky in pics, is it? Anyone use this gadget or have any pics of theirs? Any good images or advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #2

Likes Given: 2

I have a Choate side folder for my mini. I don't use it a lot but like having the option of compactness if ever needed. I can shoot pretty well with that stock too. I believe it it metal under the plastic on the folder. its strong, does not flex and locks up tight, no slop at all. Its a quality stock if you like the pistol grip side folders and its got a lifetime warranty.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #3

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 135

I got the Choate this time. Think I'll like their pistol grip better. It's coming back from Gundoc in a bedded factory poly stock so if I really want to wring it out I'll use that. Really just wanted a small carbine and a fold up mini is smaller than my M4orgery by quite a bit.