Best place to buy mini - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Best place to buy mini

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #21
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2657 Times on 1448 Posts
Likes Given: 759

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
looking back at it, i can hardly beleive these prices at cdnn on mini 14s.

are these guns new? tactical $575(599), stainless $599(622), walnut tactical $699?

the stainless is $50-75 less than i paid for mine 2 years ago.
how are they selling new minis at this price? their stainless & tacticals are cheaper than a standard blue model at wal-mart!
Prices are real. $23 shipping. They have a ffl link for ffl's in your area. Mine only charged me $22.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #22

Liked 3212 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Prices are real. $23 shipping. They have a ffl link for ffl's in your area. Mine only charged me $22.
makes me wish i had some $$$!

what did you get? are you happy with the purchase?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If it were me, and when it was me deciding between an AR&Mini-14 came down to specific sort of details which one was, Area upstate NY harder to get high-cap mags for min. Also this was my first semi-auto rifle and with some looking and advice from friends it was clear that between the 2 an AR was better choice by far for someone who's getting their first sporting rifle. So upon some thinking I went with with STAG model-3 for 2reasons at the time was a deal on the AR at LGS and STAG also has this infaneante shots for life barrel warranty. So with that here's my likely ilrevalent opinion for my toss up at the time between the 2.

image-1695343829.jpg

Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #24

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

That looks heavy! I like the mini for the light quick handling every day use feel. During hunting season I carry everyday and take to farms on the way home looking for coyotes.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70
That looks heavy! I like the mini for the light quick handling every day use feel. During hunting season I carry everyday and take to farms on the way home looking for coyotes.
It is bulky but there, I use the bi-pod more for zeroing and such at a bench and what not. I live in a not so rifle friendly state and hunting has never been thing. Here in NY I believe hunters can only hunt with shotgun and slug only? I do like the compact look and lighter feel of both mini14&30 they did to seem to much higher in price her in up State NY when I was shopping for first

Old 07-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #26

I go to the adarondaks every other week and you can hunt with rifles not just black powder ha ha. Depending on the region. I was looking at a map in this gun shop. Nyc was blacked out. Over there the amendments goes 1st then 3rd.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2657 Times on 1448 Posts
Likes Given: 759

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
makes me wish i had some $$$!

what did you get? are you happy with the purchase?
Mini 14 Tactical $624 OTD with one 20 round mag. I have only been able to get to the indoor range with it but it was doing nicely with irons at 25 yards. Mostly seasoned the barrel. 5 shots cleaned after each shot. 10 shots cleaned after each 2 shots. 25 shots cleaned after each 5 shots then 10 rounds to finish the box. Used an Otis flex rod.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #28

I kept looking until I found a use mini-14 at Cabela's at a very good price. Gun was like new condition. I paid $545.00 for it and it was a bargain.

THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS....No place but Texas.
Buy more guns and ammo. Better to have more than less in a battle.....which is coming soon.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #29

Hi, first post here.

I just picked up a Mini-14 Tactical from CDNN as my first rifle. The $600 price is indeed real (with shipping being about $23 as stated before). The CDNN catalog said it would come with a 20-round magazine. I called anyway to make sure to get the model I wanted. I spoke with Seth there, and he gave the the catalog number associated with the the advertized rifle (5848, which should have been a 5-round magazine). Got my rifle today, and it had both a 5 and a 20, so I saved and additional $15 or $30, depending on how you look at it.

Hope I love it as much as I think I will.

-Tomahawk

Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #30

Liked 3212 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk- View Post
Hi, first post here.

I just picked up a Mini-14 Tactical from CDNN as my first rifle. The $600 price is indeed real (with shipping being about $23 as stated before). The CDNN catalog said it would come with a 20-round magazine. I called anyway to make sure to get the model I wanted. I spoke with Seth there, and he gave the the catalog number associated with the the advertized rifle (5848, which should have been a 5-round magazine). Got my rifle today, and it had both a 5 and a 20, so I saved and additional $15 or $30, depending on how you look at it.

Hope I love it as much as I think I will.

-Tomahawk
welcome! congrats on the mini, i think you'll dig it. btw, that is a great price.

get some pics in the gallery. and maybe after it is broke in, try our shooting challenge. if you have any questions, there are some mini experts around here (not referring to me )