B-Square Mount for Mini 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > B-Square Mount for Mini 14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default B-Square Mount for Mini 14

Any opinions on this mount? I have heard both positive and negative. So before I invest my hard earned $$$$'s, I need an earful of opinions.
Thanks in advance

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have a generic side mount off of ebay but I think they are all similar. I hate it.

Comes lose every couple of shots making it impossible to zero. I even drilled the mount and added another screw next to the original screw to give it added stablitliy but due to the fact it uses the small plate on the side of the reciever to attach to which isnt a tight fit to start, it seems flawed by design.

I heard the b-square has a top screw of some type too to reduce the movement, making it much better than a lot of them but all things considered, I would just go with a top mount.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had one like jismail had on my 183-series Mini and it was worthless. I never could get it to zero because it moved around so much. I took it off and went back to irons.

The scope mount that takes the place of the rear sights works pretty well I've heard, but you loose the ability to use your iron sights.

As far as the B-Square mount for the Mini, some people have reported good results with it because it has a couple of set screws to help eliminate movement common in the other brands. I think you have to be very careful not to try and overtighten these set screws as I think it's fairly easy to strip them out.

Short of having your non-ranch Mini drilled & tapped for a scope mount, I dont think there's any real good solution available installing a scope. The guy who does come up with one though will get very rich.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #4

The B Square is the best of the side mounts for the Mini 14 and if set up properly it will hold zero. I have been using one for five years or so. My rifle is a working rifle around the ranch and rides in a scabbed most of the time with the scope not mounted. It has never let me down when I have remounted the scope. My rifle also does duty as a truck gun, HD gun and gets ran hard doing practice drills.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #5

Thanks to all!

Old 12-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #6

try this website:
Gun Accessories, Gun Parts, Hunting, Scopes | GunAccessories.com
I put one on my mini-14 180 series and it works great

NRA Life Member

Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a B-square mount with a Laseraim red dot sight on my Mini14 and It works and fits well. that being said, I havent put a lot of rounds through the gun to get any long term data. The iron sights can be used with this setup, but a larger scope may obscure the rear sight. I just added a Mo-Rod and expect to get to the range soon and really dial in the sight. We'll see how well it holds zero.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

See if I can show a pic.

dsc02523.jpg   dsc02525.jpg  

Last edited by Byrdguy; 02-19-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Add pic
Seeya Likes This