Any suggestions for good see-Thru mounts / rings for my Ranch?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mini-14 Forum > Any suggestions for good see-Thru mounts / rings for my Ranch?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any suggestions for good see-Thru mounts / rings for my Ranch?

Looking for a set of good see-thru rings / mount for my ranch rifle but I'm not seeing what I want. I really like the weaver see-thru's but it doesnt look like they make them for the ranch. If I put a rail on then I won't be able to use the iron sight's........

Any suggestions / what are you guys using that want to keep the iron's?

Thanks!

Capt. Thomas

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #2

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Here's what I did. I made a simple peep sight that I could leave on the gun when the scope is on. Scope is easily removed using only a coin. Peep sight is sighted in for about 75 yards which is fine for me.

9-01.jpg   9-03.jpg  

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I looked extensively at see-thru rings when I first bought my Mini. I came to the conclusion, though, that it's hard enough to get a proper cheek weld with a scope in medium or high rings, so see-thrus are going to be that much worse.

My recommendation would be Warne QD scope rings. They're a bit pricey, but well worth it when you consider Warne guarantees you will return to zero after removing/reinstalling your scope with their rings.