Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > XDm 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default XDm 45

I stopped by the range today to check out the new XDm and I couldn't resist. It felt wonderful in my hand, and I could barely tell the difference between my XDm9 and the 45. I took it apart at the counter to check out the slide and see how much lube it had. After looking it over for a couple minutes I was satisfied that it was okay to shoot. So I picked up a box of pmc target ammo and went straight to the line. I normally only load 5 shots into a mag at the range to keep from wasting ammo and not taking my time, but today I filled them to the top. It had great balance in my hand fully loaded and not much heavier than the 9 fully loaded. Then I just shot... and man does this gun shoot well. It had a crisp trigger with a pretty decent reset, and it ran very smooth, and with less percieved recoil than my sig p220. I shot the first 2 mags at 7 yards, and the last 2(last mag only had 11) at 10 yards. I came away very pleased with the performance of the gun, no failures what-so-ever.
When I got home I had a great idea, the cases were the same and the insides as well. Sooooo, I decided to swap out the guts and bammmm, now 1 case holds both pistols, kinda sweet.

xdm45-001.jpg   xdm45-006.jpg   xdm45-002.jpg  

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Sweet XDm's!!! Nice shootin!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Sweet,, I think that is on the list for sure

Old 06-08-2010, 02:30 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Good to hear, I am such a fan of the XDm. They got it right. You said the trigger reset was OK on the .45, that is one of the things I noted as being great on the XDm. Is it different on the .45, or are you not impressed with the 9mm version either?
Thanks for passing the range report along, great that you have them both now!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:39 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One of my co-workers at the gun shop got his XDm 45 on Saturday. As employees of a Springfield dealer we go to the head of the list which is a very nice perk. I asked the big guy how he like the new gun and all he could do was smile. He said the guns shoots a lot better than he does.

I get to shoot it tomorrow night.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I usually am not a fan of polymer pistols but that is a mean looking set of pistols you got there!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Great shooting and nice pair of XDs. Now you're tempting me to get 1 for myself.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

[QUOTE=hillbilly68;296518]Good to hear, I am such a fan of the XDm. They got it right. You said the trigger reset was OK on the .45, that is one of the things I noted as being great on the XDm. Is it different on the .45, or are you not impressed with the 9mm version either?
QUOTE]

I actually think it is better than the 9 reset which I love. I just didn't want to come across as overhyping the weapon. I'm not sure it could get much better to be honest.
What I'm about to say may suprise some people but, My sig p220 is up for sale. I dont know if its me or what, but I am much more accurate with the xdm than i am with the sig.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Some platforms just fit some people better than others. Sounds like the xdm's are custom made for you.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

[quote=jwhirl413;296734]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Good to hear, I am such a fan of the XDm. They got it right. You said the trigger reset was OK on the .45, that is one of the things I noted as being great on the XDm. Is it different on the .45, or are you not impressed with the 9mm version either?
QUOTE]

I actually think it is better than the 9 reset which I love. I just didn't want to come across as overhyping the weapon. I'm not sure it could get much better to be honest.
What I'm about to say may suprise some people but, My sig p220 is up for sale. I dont know if its me or what, but I am much more accurate with the xdm than i am with the sig.
OK Im tracking J. Thanks for clarifying.
I have owned an XD 45 for a while, and now an XDm. I cant say enough good about them. The XDm triggers and ergo is off the chart.

Last edited by hillbilly68; 06-10-2010 at 11:59 PM.