Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Wrong to open carry at a range?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I would bet that once they know you thing would change. At my range they seemed nasty at 1st but once they got to know us they became real friendly.

I have been at this range when multiple shooters were kicked out for unsafe behavior. One gun had a AD that hit the wall between my son and him. I was glad he was ask to leave. Saved me shooting him.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 AM   #52
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 1006 Posts
Likes Given: 3540

The Albuquerque City Range rules, no holstered weapon, all weapons muzzle up when carrying them to the shooting table. Weapons can only be carried from the shooting table and to the vehicle when range is hot.

When range is hot, no going past the shooters table. When range is cold, stay away from the shooters table(s) and walk thru the concrete area.

Weapons not being fired, i.e. mainly black powder and rifles of all calibers are stored at the back table with muzzle up!

Range cold, no touch of weapon(s) or bring to the shooting table.

Black powder primers need to be on the shooting table. All loading of the black powder pistols and rifles need to loaded on the back table and carried to the shooting table where the primers are located.

Smoking is allowed in the parking lot only.

Food and drink (no alcohol) is allowed on the back table(s). I usually have the coffee at the shooters table.