Where can I find public shooting ranges?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Where can I find public shooting ranges?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Where can I find public shooting ranges?

If you read my introduction thread you've noticed I'm from Sweden. This summer, my family and I are going over to the states for the third time (we love it over there) on a road trip. We're starting out in Chicago, heading west for Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, and maybe Idaho/Montana.

When we were in Vegas last year we paid some sick amounts of money to get off a few rounds of different weapons in full auto. Sure it was fun and all, but this time we'd like to spend a couple of hours, maybe a whole day, on an outside shooting range with rentable semi-automatic rifles without the stress and the all too expensive fees (in Vegas we're talking over $120 for two/three magazines and three weapons).

I know that the states we'll be going through are pretty big, but if you happen to know any public shooting ranges where people are able to rent a rifle that isn't just a .22 caliber or a shotgun for clay shooting, I'd be happy to know about it.

Thanks in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1971 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

You might try contacting the National Rifle Association. Otherwise possibly someone that lives in one of those states would be willing to take you shooting. Summertime temperatures are brutal where I live in Arizona with temperatures hitting 40C-50C.
http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #3

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 727

If you were stopping in NH, I'd take you out! I have some Swedish beauties also!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would suggest binging or googling the medium-sized cities on your itinerary for Shooting Ranges. For example, these guys at Silver Bullet Shooting Range in Denver, Colorado, have a nice web site and even discuss considerations for foreign visitors. I live in the Southeast so I've never visited their facility.

My Motto: Vanquish Fear & Panic!
---------------------------------
My blog: GunGator's Gun Blog

Old 05-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

If you want to shoot while you are here then do a Google search of public shooting ranges in the state you plan to visit. Give them a call to set up a time to shoot.

Public Shooting Ranges Iowa
http://www.google.com/search?q=Public+Shooting+Ranges+Iowa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&client=firefox

Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
If you were stopping in NH, I'd take you out! I have some Swedish beauties also!
A darn shame I'm not going that way. Raincheck?

--

To all others: Thanks for some good tips. I thought going via NRA was restricted to US citizens only. Has anyone ever been to Cherry Creek state park a bit outside Denver, CO? They seem to be renting both rifles and handguns although I do not know what kind they are.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Many couples from Europe when in America around the Florida shooting ranges always can be seen enjoying themselves at low, affordable prices.
I have to admit the women from Europe sure can outshoot their husbands and boyfriends!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7091 Times on 4268 Posts
Likes Given: 8599

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Many couples from Europe when in America around the Florida shooting ranges always can be seen enjoying themselves at low, affordable prices.
I have to admit the women from Europe sure can outshoot their husbands and boyfriends!
So can some of the American women.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, it seems I've finally found at least two ranges that are open to the public. One outdoor and one indoor.

http://billsgs.com/
http://www.familyshootingcenter.com/