When other shooters attack - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > When other shooters attack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07
I would have looked him in the eye told him to shut his pie hole and walked off.
I wanted too but his membership card had a gold sticker on it and knowing my luck he was probably the owner of the whole club.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #12

Thanks guys at least I'm not alone.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #13

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGULON View Post
I wanted too but his membership card had a gold sticker on it and knowing my luck he was probably the owner of the whole club.
I don't think that would be a factor. I would look for another range. I am not going to make friends with aggressive people. I would go to another range if I had to drive for hours. I can target practice right here at the house for free. I go to ranges that are frequented by like minded people. For me if I don't have to get out of the way of a combine and fight off a German Shepard to get to the clubhouse I need to keep looking.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGULON

If that was the case then why would you want to go back. Tell them next time you're sure their mom did a good job raising them and it's not her fault they went sideways.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #15

So get this I was shooting Practical Rifle yesterday and the guy who freaked out on me was in the squad I was in. We were st our third station and he had a Negligent Discharge when his rifle malfunction and got kicked out of the rest of the match. I don't want to say that it males me happy, but it kinda does.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGULON
So get this I was shooting Practical Rifle yesterday and the guy who freaked out on me was in the squad I was in. We were st our third station and he had a Negligent Discharge when his rifle malfunction and got kicked out of the rest of the match. I don't want to say that it males me happy, but it kinda does.
Karma. But thankfully he wasn't hurt or anyone else. Next time you see him try talking about something else. Maybe he was humbled by this and he turns out to be a good person.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1268 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It's been several years since this event, when I still lived in Indianapolis. I went to a 250 meter outdoor range, and was sitting at a bench trying to get my scope zero'd. The range was pretty busy, and people were being careful as was customary. But then some total idiot showed up, and without yelling "clear" as was the custom, he just started walking downrange with his target, bullets flying all around him. We all stopped shooting and waited until he returned to the firing line. when he got back, someone made a civil effort to explain to him about the safety rules. The next time he wanted to change his target, he just started running downrange yelling "clear clear". I still had my piece in my hands when he started running, but was in the process of putting it down, when he turned around and started yelling at me about "dropping" my gun when he wanted to go downrange. In seconds he had everybody within earshot yelling at him and calling him all kinds of interesting names. He put his stuff in his car and "vacated the premisis".

Old 11-13-2012, 05:13 AM   #18

Wow!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #19

Not only is he risking his own life. He is putting everyone at risk. I don't really want to use the word retarded as to be politically incorrect, so ill just say mentally challenged!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1268 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLDdeadFINGERS View Post
Not only is he risking his own life. He is putting everyone at risk. I don't really want to use the word retarded as to be politically incorrect, so ill just say mentally challenged!
I guess it must've been his cerebral hemorrhoids acting up.