When other shooters attack

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > When other shooters attack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Default When other shooters attack

Went to the range today just to run the new BCG I just got when after picking up my targets I looked around and didn't ser anyone behind me so I picked up the flag and headed back in. The range office was there and someone said someone is still out. The officer went out with the flag until he came in. Then this guy who I've never meet comes up and starts chewing me out. I apologize but that's not enough. I say hey I did call a hot range on you or start shooting. He says but someone could have. Then he says I'm just expressing myself. I'm like I got it. The thing is the range is starting to SUCK. I know that gins aren't toys, but wtf.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #2

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

You need a biggr gun hangin from your belt !!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #3

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGULON View Post
Went to the range today just to run the new BCG I just got when after picking up my targets I looked around and didn't ser anyone behind me so I picked up the flag and headed back in. The range office was there and someone said someone is still out. The officer went out with the flag until he came in. Then this guy who I've never meet comes up and starts chewing me out. I apologize but that's not enough. I say hey I did call a hot range on you or start shooting. He says but someone could have. Then he says I'm just expressing myself. I'm like I got it. The thing is the range is starting to SUCK. I know that gins aren't toys, but wtf.
If you live in an urban area ranges do suck. You have a lot of people who have no practical experience with a gun. Their only shooting experience is at an urban range. Most of the time when you have a minor infraction of the range rules instead of one person giving you a polite explanation it's three or four yelling at you.

These people are not bright enough to know that once you raise your voice communication stops. No one listens to someone that is yelling at them - they just don't return to that particular range. There is also this notion that embarrassment increases safety. What they fail to understand is mama told me to smack the bleep out of people who talk to me like that.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 11-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9146 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Simple explanation.

asshat_by_thundercake.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #5

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Simple explanation.

Attachment 68138
Don't know where your at but around here if theres more than 8 people who don't all know each other there's at least one of ^ those ^ there

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Everybody wants to be the range boss.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't have that problem in oil field pits we usually shoot at, though a buddy did upset some hunters one day when he went wide open with a couple of different firearms in sequence. He had to assure them he wasn't trying to scare all the local wildlife to death.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Range safety is the responsibility of all who are present. That said, minor infractions/oversights need not result in bitchiness. When there is a range officer present, He/she needs to be the arbiter of any safety lectures or other measures. Random douchebaggery is typically unproductive. In dressing you down, all this guy did was piss you off. That certainly advanced the cause, didn't it? Most would agree that a quiet reminder would have probably had better results.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This 
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #9

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I don't have that problem in oil field pits we usually shoot at, though a buddy did upset some hunters one day when he went wide open with a couple of different firearms in sequence. He had to assure them he wasn't trying to scare all the local wildlife to death.
That is ridiculous I don't know how many times I have emptied a 30/06 shooting at a deer run by dogs. Now 15 barking dogs have passed and I did all that shooting. Fifteen minutes later birds were singing and squirrels were scampering. Most of the time when I killed the deer before I had the deer prepared to move it to a good area for field dressing wildlife had returned to normal activities.

Lots of hunters think pressure stops deer from moving but nothing could be further from the truth. Deer just stop moving at daylight and dark to begin moving at midday. Wildlife adapts to whatever we are doing quickly and without much effort.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #10

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I would have looked him in the eye told him to shut his pie hole and walked off.