What is in your range bag?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > What is in your range bag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Default What is in your range bag?

Recently, like two days ago, I graduated from one handgun to two at. I bought an M&P22 to go with my M&P9. I decided that my old book bag was not "cool" enough to tote to the range anymore. So, I bought a range bag.

Ok, what should I put in it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7467 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 15369

Guns and ammo

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #3

Liked 1910 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 1263

A few first aid supplies is always a good idea. Even if you are a good safe shooter, it is never too hard to find someone stupid at a shooting range.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 157 Posts

Stapler and staples, ear muffs, cleaning kit, laser bore sighter, ear plugs for pinheads who show up with out ear protection, basic tools, a few extra screws, lens cleaners, chronograph and spare batteries.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Extra paper clips in case you shoot one off. Tape for paper targets you bring along with you to keep down the cost of range targets. Magazine loader. Small allen wrenches or screwdrivers that fit your guns (especially if you have adjustable sights). A small can or bottle of lube. At least one rag. If your table is hard wood, you might want a small towel to keep your guns on. I also keep a couple plastic bags for my JHP ammo that I unload so I have that extra magazine for practice (I usually holster and carry one of the weapons I take to the range). Those are a few things. Just remember, keep all that extra stuff small. You'll want all that extra room for guns, ammo, and extra magazines. Hope that helps.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #6

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

First I should preface this that my range bag, is the large Midway one.

So here goes:
High power spotting scope, tripod, shooting gloves, two sets of shooting muffs, two sets of shooting glasses, laser bore sight, two semi-auto pistols, 10 magazines (loaded), a set of allan wrenches (8 sizes), three screw drivers, extra batteries for my scopes & equipment, electronic rangefinder, small field glasses, water bottle, LpLULA loader (universal pistol loader), targets, dots for the targets, a can of Rem Oil, hand warmers for the gloves, hand held GPS unit, band-aids, an extra rifle scope. , broken case extractor, pliers. I think that's it. Oh ya, a target staple gun and a small roll of duct tape.

Did I mention I also have a small range bag that I carry my ammo in, it only weighs 50 lbs loaded.

Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 07-04-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Lunch....