Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > what have I been doing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Default what have I been doing?

Hi folks! I was asked since I hadn't been in here to let you know what I have been up to.I had some medical problems earlier this summer, and was in the hospital for about six weeks! Gave myself a concussion and I basically had to learn how to walk again! I don't know if you all know but I do bolt jeweling, but when I got home it was so hot in my place,(no A/C!) so I was somewhere cool most of the day! So I wasn't getting much of that done. I did take enough time a little at a time, to rebuild a Win Model 70, 22-250, I put it in a thumbhole stock and pillar bedded it. And also refinished the stock as I don't care for Boyd's finish the put on there stocks. The original stock has been "fixed" too many times and they had ruined the inside of it! It was a a bit scratched up on the outside but I sanded it down and gave it 6 coats of Tru-oil and it came out OK! But it will have to be bedded to whoever buys it,(it's up for sale!). Haven't had a chance to go shooting yet, but maybe after the first! So sorry for the long winded post but I thought I would let you all know that I an still at it a little at a time! Good shooting! Doug

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here