Went to a "Steel Shoot" today

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Went to a "Steel Shoot" today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2801 Times on 1619 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

Default Went to a "Steel Shoot" today

For not having shot steel in over twenty-five years, I was not disappointed in my performance.

I was using my old SA Government that was setup like the current Range Officer, but done almost 30 years ago.

I have changed my grip since I shot competition years ago and the grip safety would activate once in a while (which cost me time and disrupted my focus on the string).

Lesson learned: practice, practice, practice and make sure the firearm is correctly set up for you.

I changed 1911's to my Fusion Firearms framed 1911. No problems with function, but black sights on black targets in the shade made accuracy suck.

Then a "friend" said "Here, try these!" (his "pet" ammo recipe). Because my firearm is setup differently than his, I had jams with going into battery.
This cost me time and misses as I lost focus again on the string.

Lessoned learned: If it works, stick with it. Make sure the ammo works in you gun.

So, got home, cleaned the guns, poured a couple of whiskey and water, and have a good reflection on a bad day on the range is better than a good day at work.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

utf59 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here