Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Went shooting today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/went-shooting-today-42376/)

stalkingbear 05-11-2011 11:44 PM

Went shooting today

4 Attachment(s)
My nephew came down today so we went to the range naturally. I'd been working up a load for my .284 and I think I finally lucked into a pet load for it. I also just got done building a bull barrel 10/22 on the cheap with a Green Mountain barrel & Hogue stock. You can tell the different loads and see the group getting smaller for the .284.

Dillinger 05-11-2011 11:46 PM

That looks like a great day. Excellent shooting Bear!! *mad props*

Poink88 05-11-2011 11:47 PM

Sweet!!!!!!!

Jo da Plumbr 05-12-2011 12:30 AM

Hey Bear. I know a guy that can do a great trigger job on your 10/22.:D

Nice report.

lonyaeger 05-12-2011 12:56 AM

Good shootin', Bear!

dunerunner 05-12-2011 01:01 AM

That 10/22 looks sweet Bear! Looks like you had a great day at the range. Thanks for sharing that with great time with us!!

Yea! It's still raining here!!

stalkingbear 05-12-2011 01:01 AM

I forgot to mention that I topped the day off grilling elkburger & brats while having some ice cold beer!

Sniper03 05-12-2011 01:07 AM

Bear,

Looks like you had a great time with your nephew! And it is always a good thing when you hit the magic combination on working up a load for that special rifle. And the barrel for the 10-22! I always liked those little rifles. Them and the Marlin 39A is my choices. Got the grandsons a 10-22 a couple of years ago for Christmas with 4X Scopes. They got to mount their scopes after learning to shoot with the irons.
I too was on my range on Mother's Day afternoon. Mounting an IOR Valdada Scope on the Rock River LAR 08 that I previously pictured in my gallery. And put the scope that was on it on my Model 70 Winchester. Finally satisfied with the set ups! You know what I mean! As you guys, I had a great time zeroing the rifles and relaxing.
Take care and sorry I can't make the get together coming up this year in KY.
I will be on the road!

RugerShootinGal 05-12-2011 01:43 AM

Bear that is awesome pictures I love them. I am sorry I couldn't make it down this last time but would love to come back!!! I miss you and your wonderful family bunches!!!:)

winds-of-change 05-12-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalkingbear (Post 502802)
I forgot to mention that I topped the day off grilling elkburger & brats while having some ice cold beer!

You make me want to cry. I'm glad you had a great time. I think I saw the Mark II give me a little wink!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RugerShootinGal (Post 502826)
Bear that is awesome pictures I love them. I am sorry I couldn't make it down this last time but would love to come back!!! I miss you and your wonderful family bunches!!!:)

Darn it, RSG. I can't tell you how much I missed you guys at the Kentucky M&G. When Bear told me you guys weren't coming, I was truly heartbroken. But I had a wonderful time, anyway. I hope to meet you guys some day.