Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Went To A Real Pistol Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Went To A Real Pistol Range

Wow I haven't wanted to skip since I was a Kid but I did yesterday.

My Father & I went to Bake's Best Shot outside of Lexington,OH.

Great place really down to Earth.

We rented 2 lanes for 1 hour for only $15 with tax and 2 targets the butcher's bill came out to about $19.30.

We took about 50 rounds of mixed .45 ACP 230 grain FMJ and 72 rounds of mixed .38 Special 158 grain lead FP,LRN,125 grain FMJ& LSWC,and 158 grain Semi Jacketed bullets.

We blew the dust off Dad's Glock 30 .45 ACP,tested my new Taurus PT-1911,and burned the cosmolene out of my Windicator .357 Mag/.38 Special.

I slow fired 6 shots of .38 Spec looked at the damage, sent the target back and reloaded 6 more from HKS A-10 Speedloaders.

I don't mean to blow my own horn but I am missing alot less now.

I had a Miracle string with the Taurus don't know if I'll ever,ever,ever repeat those results.

Put (4) .45 ACP FMJ in 3 holes about the size of an IKE Silver Dollar with 2 more in that general area who knows where the last 2 of 8 went.

Now I don't think I'm "Doc" Holiday or anything but am tickled pink(no not literally) with all 3 handguns results.

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sounds like a lot of fun. Good shooting. Where are our pics?

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Cool beans.

Pics or it didn't happen.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Cool beans.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Believe it or not I don't know to use the camera in my Phone and didn't take the office's digital with me.

Next time I'll take a camera in the range gear.

CA357 thanxs for the zombie pics.

Still trying to coordinate a group of people from my Church to take the CCW class so I need to do some more range time so I don't embareas myself with poor shooting( I'm already poor at spelling).

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")