NOTE: To all you members that have been putting off coming down to Ft. Lauderdale and going shooting with me because my favorite range’s AC has been less-than-sterling, it’s been fixed! Only took Eileen three years but its cool again! This makes summer shooting indoors in South Florida tolerable. Now if she can just get that roof leak fixed.
And for you doubters out there, I have a witness. utf59 made his way down to reff a week’s worth of Taekwondo matches and I managed to snag him for one evening of paper-punching.
We had a blast and I’ll let him divulge the arsenal he brought with him.
You know ‘ole canebrake dusted off some firepower and went shooting with a bag full of fun.
- Smith M19 .357 Rem Mag
- New Model Blackhawk .30 Carbine
- Mauser 1914 .32 ACP
- GSG 1911 .22lr
- Star Model B in 9 mike mike
- Remington R1 .45 ACP
- Colt Commander Lightweight Model .45 ACP
1. utf59 caught me shooting the Smith M19 on his phonecam;
2. And the Ruger; (It doesn't like Eastern Block steel case ammo!)
3. The Mauser 1914 was dad's WWII bring-back that I don't shoot often enough. It's quite the pocket pistol.
4. This was the second time utf59 shot the GSG 1911-22. I had made some changes to the gun. I removed the magazine safety which brings the gun closer the the 1911 pattern. The one weak spot of the GSG is its cast guide rod. I replaced it with a machined steel rod from CWA and can say it's worth every penny of the $22 price tag.
5. The Star Model B is just a fun gun to shoot. 9mm makes it a cheap range lizard. Fun and inexpensive, what's not to like? The Star's only down-side is parts availability.
6. I really enjoy my Remington R1 GI. I replaced the short trigger with a long version. Much better for me! I think it could use a canebrake trigger job in the near future.
7. My EDC, a Commander Lightweight Model. This is my favorite Colt!
More shooting fun:
Holes, holes and more holes.
utf59 and I have become good friends and are planning our next meet n shoot.
If any of you mooks get down this far south, PM me so you can testify to the efficacy of Revere Range's AC unit!