The utf59/canebrake re-match
NOTE: To all you members that have been putting off coming down to Ft. Lauderdale and going shooting with me because my favorite range’s AC has been less-than-sterling, it’s been fixed! Only took Eileen three years but its cool again! This makes summer shooting indoors in South Florida tolerable. Now if she can just get that roof leak fixed.
And for you doubters out there, I have a witness. utf59 made his way down to reff a week’s worth of Taekwondo matches and I managed to snag him for one evening of paper-punching.
We had a blast and I’ll let him divulge the arsenal he brought with him.
You know ‘ole canebrake dusted off some firepower and went shooting with a bag full of fun.
1. utf59 caught me shooting the Smith M19 on his phonecam;
2. And the Ruger; (It doesn't like Eastern Block steel case ammo!)
3. The Mauser 1914 was dad's WWII bring-back that I don't shoot often enough. It's quite the pocket pistol.
4. This was the second time utf59 shot the GSG 1911-22. I had made some changes to the gun. I removed the magazine safety which brings the gun closer the the 1911 pattern. The one weak spot of the GSG is its cast guide rod. I replaced it with a machined steel rod from CWA and can say it's worth every penny of the $22 price tag.
5. The Star Model B is just a fun gun to shoot. 9mm makes it a cheap range lizard. Fun and inexpensive, what's not to like? The Star's only down-side is parts availability.
6. I really enjoy my Remington R1 GI. I replaced the short trigger with a long version. Much better for me! I think it could use a canebrake trigger job in the near future.
7. My EDC, a Commander Lightweight Model. This is my favorite Colt!
More shooting fun:
Holes, holes and more holes.
utf59 and I have become good friends and are planning our next meet n shoot.
If any of you mooks get down this far south, PM me so you can testify to the efficacy of Revere Range's AC unit!
Great shooting. I am so completely envious. I am dying to get down there and shoot with Cane and prove myself. But I demand excellent air conditioning. :)
I have never heard of a Star Model B in 9 mike mike. Very nice display of guns there.
Excellent post Cane...looks like lots of good ole Southern fun.
Question on the CW guide rod. Did you also replace the barrel bushing and guide rod cap. That is supposed to eliminate the allen screw from the barrel/slide assembly and address the sloppy barrel fit. Interested in your thoughts since I am contemplating a similar mod to my Sig 1911-22 which is essentially the GSG.
Let us know if you get the bushing/plug kit. At $50 I think I can deal with the barrel screw. My thinking may change if the GSG starts to wear.
I'll post a complete reply when I can post some pictures. Because a range report without pictures is fiction. :rolleyes:
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:46 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.