Are u a good shot? Show ur targets & videos. - Page 49
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Are u a good shot? Show ur targets & videos.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #481
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2052 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 2222

So, Pengie has been after me to take him to the range. I took him today. Let him have the first shots.

He picks up my revolver, fires two to the X-ring and one to the head. Hands me back the gun and says, "OK, don't blame the sights..."

Obviously I need more practice...

img_20140301_145433_968.jpg  

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #482
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7342 Times on 4418 Posts
Likes Given: 9064

Don't you like taking Pengie to the range? He always keeps ya humble.

Balota Likes This 
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #483
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
So, Pengie has been after me to take him to the range. I took him today. Let him have the first shots.

He picks up my revolver, fires two to the X-ring and one to the head. Hands me back the gun and says, "OK, don't blame the sights..."

Obviously I need more practice...
I have actually seen a grouping like that from a soldier....ummm.....of course he was firing an Uzi on full auto.

"Feuer Frei!"

Old 03-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #484
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2246 Times on 1571 Posts
Likes Given: 1168

45 ACP Beretta CX4 sighted in, offhand, @25 yards. Two mags x8 rounds each.

imgp0108.jpg  

Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I have actually seen a grouping like that from a soldier....ummm.....of course he was firing an Uzi on full auto.
Gee, thanks Jager... Slow fire, double action, 10 yards on a reduced target (like aiming at 15 yards). Should be a lot better than that. It does look like the picture in the dictionary next to "spray-and-pray"...

I'm still getting used to revolver. When I went to visit Winds recently I compared my Smith and her Ruger. Her trigger is SO MUCH BETTER it's sick. Mine must be somewhere north of 16 lb. Takes at least 12 to get to the "ledge" before the release. Then another 4 lb with no movement in the trigger to get it to go bang. Seriously considering sending it back to Smith to see if there's something wrong. Even if it's within spec, I'd pay to get a lighter, smoother pull.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 03-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #486

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

My best group ever with my 300 win mag at a 100yards with 165gr gamekings over hodgon hybrid 100v

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Firearms Talk mobile app

1395506971602.jpg   1395506995516.jpg  

Old 03-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #487
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Gee, thanks Jager... Slow fire, double action, 10 yards on a reduced target (like aiming at 15 yards). Should be a lot better than that. It does look like the picture in the dictionary next to "spray-and-pray"...

I'm still getting used to revolver. When I went to visit Winds recently I compared my Smith and her Ruger. Her trigger is SO MUCH BETTER it's sick. Mine must be somewhere north of 16 lb. Takes at least 12 to get to the "ledge" before the release. Then another 4 lb with no movement in the trigger to get it to go bang. Seriously considering sending it back to Smith to see if there's something wrong. Even if it's within spec, I'd pay to get a lighter, smoother pull.
I am just kidding. Sorry about the trigger. I honestly do not care for revolvers myself. Still, they are very reliable and fool proof for just about anybody. Especially in a stressful situation. I am buying my mom one to carry when I get to Texas end of next week. Does winds outshoot you? Women are normally better shots. Oh, don't tell Anna I said that...she thinks she is better then me....don't want to give her a big head.

"Feuer Frei!"

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #488

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1395512160.305362.jpg 5 shots out of a 16" mid-length gas AR-15 at 125-ish yards with a lucid hd7 sight with 2x magnifier
Old 03-23-2014, 01:43 AM   #489

Quote:
I am just kidding. Sorry about the trigger. I honestly do not care for revolvers myself. Still, they are very reliable and fool proof for just about anybody. Especially in a stressful situation. I am buying my mom one to carry when I get to Texas end of next week. Does winds outshoot you? Women are normally better shots. Oh, don't tell Anna I said that...she thinks she is better then me....don't want to give her a big head.
Winds does outshoot me, especially with her 22.

I got the revolver mainly for IDPA. My EDC is XDm 9mm Compact.

Today I shot a lot better at the range with the revolver (even with the bad trigger) than the 9mm. Need more practice.

Balota

Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 03-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #490
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7342 Times on 4418 Posts
Likes Given: 9064

Quote:
The trigger on Balota's revolver is a BEAST. I can barely shoot a whole cylinder out of that thing. But I do love revolvers. When I get a CC permit I may buy myself an LCR to carry.

And I do believe that Anna will out shoot you. No question. I have noticed over and over so many men here say their wives, girlfriends, can out shoot them almost from the beginning.

Quote:
Winds does outshoot me, especially with her 22.

I got the revolver mainly for IDPA. My EDC is XDm 9mm Compact.

Today I shot a lot better at the range with the revolver (even with the bad trigger) than the 9mm. Need more practice.
Not always.
Jagermeister Likes This