Are u a good shot? Show ur targets & videos. - Page 34
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Are u a good shot? Show ur targets & videos.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #331
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Never said the slow fire stuff was intended to simulate a self defense scenario. Slow fire can help diagnose problems with fundamentals like not pulling the trigger straight back or losing the sight picture at the moment the trigger breaks.

I'm a fairly new shooter and still working on the fundamentals. I'm glad that you are able to draw from cc in less than 1.5 sec. Someday I may be trained enough to break 2 sec and I'll be pretty proud of that achievement.

Until then, the one thing I won't be doing is telling people that what they are doing is useless and inadequate.
Balota, just ignore the detractors and keep going on like you are. everyone needs to learn the way that works for them. practice is the key factor. do it your way and what works for you.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #332
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1919 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Balota, just ignore the detractors and keep going on like you are. everyone needs to learn the way that works for them. practice is the key factor. do it your way and what works for you.
Aye. It's also a matter of Range Rules. No rapid fire, no drawing from holster. I use IDPA as my live fire practice time for that.

I use dry fire at home to practice draws and mag changes. But I don't have thousands of reps (yet) that would be needed for noticeable difference in the time.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #333

Quote:
Aye. It's also a matter of Range Rules. No rapid fire, no drawing from holster. I use IDPA as my live fire practice time for that.

I use dry fire at home to practice draws and mag changes. But I don't have thousands of reps (yet) that would be needed for noticeable difference in the time.
Balota, if it works for you, that's what matters and speed isn't everything, but accuracy is. all fine and dandy like Kid Lightning proposes, that your pistol clears the holster and he gets a shot off, but hits nothing and the BG either slits his throat or puts a bullet between his eyes, because he was more accurate than fast.

i'll take accuracy over speed of the draw any day of the week. several hits will trump misses everytime.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #334
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1919 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 2080

Quote:
Balota, if it works for you, that's what matters and speed isn't everything, but accuracy is. all fine and dandy like Kid Lightning proposes, that your pistol clears the holster and he gets a shot off, but hits nothing and the BG either slits his throat or puts a bullet between his eyes, because he was more accurate than fast.

i'll take accuracy over speed of the draw any day of the week. several hits will trump misses everytime.
As they like to say at IDPA, "You can't miss fast enough to win!" I went to the Badlands IDPA match. My time was one of the very slowest times in the entire match. But a lot of the other competitors are the guys you'd see on TV, so I don't feel too bad about it. And 2/3 of my targets in that match were down zero or down 1. Several more were down 5 on head shots, meaning one hit, one miss.

I am happy to say that I've had perhaps 2 or 3 Failures to Neutralize out of over 400 targets in several matches. FTN means no hits in the down zero or down 1 zone, so it's a penalty for "spray & pray" approach.

I'm going to try speeding up a little at a time over the next few matches and see how it goes.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #335

Quote:
As they like to say at IDPA, "You can't miss fast enough to win!" I went to the Badlands IDPA match. My time was one of the very slowest times in the entire match. But a lot of the other competitors are the guys you'd see on TV, so I don't feel too bad about it. And 2/3 of my targets in that match were down zero or down 1. Several more were down 5 on head shots, meaning one hit, one miss.

I am happy to say that I've had perhaps 2 or 3 Failures to Neutralize out of over 400 targets in several matches. FTN means no hits in the down zero or down 1 zone, so it's a penalty for "spray & pray" approach.

I'm going to try speeding up a little at a time over the next few matches and see how it goes.
practice. then practice some more. i like to shoot but even my serious shooting is something i don't take too seriously.

IIRC, Wild Bill Hickock wasn't very fast on the draw, but was deadly accurate with his Colt pistols! he put many a man on Boot Hill!

Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #336

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl
as to the slowfire stuff. Consider this. If you have all DAY in which to fire, why not just walk up and stick the muzzle in his ear? Saves ammo and puts him out of his misery much more surely.
You understand that shooting is a sport correct?? We don't all own guns to kill people. I own several and don't live in a carry state. You should consider relocating.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey700PB View Post
You understand that shooting is a sport correct?? We don't all own guns to kill people. I own several and don't live in a carry state. You should consider relocating.
firearms have many uses and self defence is just one of them. while i do have several that are for that purpose, many are used strictly for the fun of shooting. and i enjoy shooting!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #338

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
firearms have many uses and self defence is just one of them. while i do have several that are for that purpose, many are used strictly for the fun of shooting. and i enjoy shooting!
Well said sir......!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #339

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey700PB View Post

This guy is trolling, some people don't like others to have fun
Old 06-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
This guy is trolling, some people don't like others to have fun
and Sig we are getting a new crop of trolls lately!