Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Are u a good shot? Show ur targets & videos.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 51 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat89

I hated guns two months ago because my husband started me out shooting a shot gun, scared the crap right out of me, until dun dun dun..... I found a pink .38 Revolver and tried shooting it, and then i was hooked on all kinds of handguns. Take her shopping to pick out her own and she'll love it! Trust me!
So you're saying women like shopping?! Lol yeah right that's the most insane thing I've ever heard

You may be right... She did have her eye on dun dun dun.... pink Ruger LCP so it's possible that she might like shooting more with that or a waste of money... It's worth a try for sure

Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #252

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat89 View Post
I hated guns two months ago because my husband started me out shooting a shot gun, scared the crap right out of me, until dun dun dun..... I found a pink .38 Revolver and tried shooting it, and then i was hooked on all kinds of handguns. Take her shopping to pick out her own and she'll love it! Trust me!
She's right ya know. My wife was never anti gun..She was just anti MY guns because they where too big, or too small (she hates snubbys). She does not like semi autos for some unknown reason...Says she just don't like em. . Now if I was to sell or trade one then that was the only one she liked (AAHHHHH!!!) She has an old Mod 10 Smith that she keeps at her grandparents because they don't have a handgun over there all the way across the street. She did like my Mod 28 but being it's N frame hugeness she didn't shoot it as well as she liked.

After walking around a while at a gun show I spied a model 19 Smith. I deliberately picked up the one next to it because that would make her look at the 19 (yeah, she's like that). She picked it up and fell in love. Now she wants to shoot all the time and took the time to learn how to not only maintain that revo but every other gun I have in the house. She still doesn't like a lot of my guns but she will shoot more of them...Except the snubby.

Let a woman find something they can be comfortable with and they will be more apt to want to get more involved.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #253
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1439 Times on 876 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Haven't been able to shoot my 9mm for a month or two. The results showed it. But I did manage one good group. 10 rounds at 10 yards 2 handed left handed (I'm a rightie.)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Old 04-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #254

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

can't say i am the best shooter but i am a good shooter. I went to my local range and shot this target at 100 yards using my Remington model 700 in 308 win. has a bsa scope. i used my own reloaded ammo 150 grain hornady fmj 41.5 grains of imr 4895. It was about 67 degrees and about 10-15 mph winds. Wanted to zero my rifle and only had to use three shots. Well i can't say its all natural talent but good fundamental i learned as a Marine. I was once a pig but then i became a hog! Semper Fi !

Old 04-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #255
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1350 Times on 1026 Posts
Likes Given: 1764

Default Human targets..........

No, I'm not a good shot.......???????????

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #256

Liked 49 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

ANAKINANAYA, you're disgusting.

But seriously, you're disgusting.

Great shooting! Wish I could do that.

12FRETTER

Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #257

Liked 972 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 538

the winter has made me rusty..

top left .38 and 357 at 25yds.
top right 9mm at 25yds.
bot left was .22 at 25yds.
bot right was .40 at 25yds.

it seems im more comfortable with my .22 and 40 right now. but hopefully this will improve as i shoot all of these a lot more this summer.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #258
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3816 Times on 2280 Posts
Likes Given: 3206

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
No, I'm not a good shot.......???????????
See, that is why we can't ban hi capacity Mags. We need to give Willshoum a chance. We need to bring this to the attention of Congress. Save Willshoum will be our rally cry. Plus, I am sure that one of the 15/17 rounds should hit the target. Just ribbing you!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #259

Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
And it was a bear!!!

Where is Gello???
Gello is humbled.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #260
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1284 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
I made a pretty good shot tonight.
Yes, you did.

I shot my first deer with a .32 Special Model 94 when I was too young to know that after everyone has blazed away at several running deer (who all made it to safety in a large section of bush) there'd be no use reloading. One very large buck waited for the commotion to die down until he made his own run for safety. He didn't make it. I hadn't read the rule book. I had reloaded and I also didn't know that a .32 won't reach that far. His heavy 10 pt. rack is in my garage to this day.

ps: I'm older now and would say it's better to stay within 200 yds. with a Model 94.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.