TWo FTFers go shooting together........... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > TWo FTFers go shooting together...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7100 Times on 4273 Posts
Likes Given: 8607

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Soounds like a great time WOC! Have fun with that MK II!!
I am in love with my Mark II. It's an awesome gun. I jokingly say now I have a gun for fun (Mark II) and one for 'business' (the GP 100).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Cool beans.

There are youth model shotguns and rifles that have shorter stocks. You can also cut a stock down in length. Don't let the length of a stock discourage you. "LOP" (length of pull) is the distance to the trigger from the end of the stock. (where it fits into your shoulder to the trigger) A long gun can be adjusted or accommodated for you as well. I shortened the stock on my Eddystone. Nothing to it.

When you're ready for a long gun, let us know and we'll help you out.
I wanted to cut down the stock on Jon's pink gun but he wouldn't let me. I so badly wanted to shoot that gun accurately, but I just couldn't. When I shot Bear's AR, he kept saying "Get your eye closer to the scope" my reply was "I CAN'T". ROFL

Jon said his wife has a rifle with an adjustable stock. She also has a Desert Eagle 50 cal. I'd like to shoot. I hope she comes with us next time.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 07-25-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

As for how well I did, I will let Jon answer that. I don't really know. I just know I had a rip roaring great time.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1198 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I just know I had a rip roaring great time.
You can't ask for more than that!

Good Shootin'.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's GREAT! Sounds like yall had a fantastic time. The device you're talking about is a chronograph. By the time you make it back down here you're going to outshoot me.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Way to go, sounds like you had a great time.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Looks like you guys had some fun. As soon as we get a break in this heat I'm planning a range trip as well. I'm going to have to recruit a few local form members to go with me.
A great report!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #17

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

HOOAH!

Looks like hands on fun and education was graciously shared. Kudos to both you and JonM. Great report.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
I got to shoot the pink rifle ( I forget what it was, Jon will have to fill in the details I forgot). I didn't hear plinking or see spinning as often as I'd like.

I am learning every time I go shooting but the one thing I was surprised about was a rifle sounds different when it shoots than a pistol does. I didn't know that. I asked Jon why "that gun" sounds different than our guns and his simple reply was "Because it's a rifle".
ruger 10/22 with a pink laminate stock, kidd trigger (didnt know about bear's trigger jobs when i purchased it), leupold rimfire vx2 3-9x33 efr with fine duplex xhairs and target turrets from the leupold custom shop anadozid pink by leupold, barrel is a pink anodized from tactical solutions, reciever is duracoated pink. scope base and rings are leupold.

Quote:

Jon shooting Maggie. He liked her.

Then I got to shoot his beautiful Colt Python. The finish on that gun was like nothing I had ever seen before and it was very flashy, indeed. I prefer stainless steel guns but this Python's finish is a kind of bluing I wouldn't mind having. Jon will have to fill in this detail.
if the current crop of ruger gp100s are typical of the high quality of Winds' pistol they are a very fine product indeed. i was expecting something more along the lines of my brother's gp100 he bought waaaaay back. the version winds has is impressive indeed.

the bluing is called colt royal blue. colt no longer offers this level of finish on any of their production or custom shop guns.

Quote:
As for how well I did, I will let Jon answer that. I don't really know. I just know I had a rip roaring great time.
she did fantastic. the pinking steel is 25 yards out and arent very big at all at that distance. she was hitting about 70% which for the first serious shoot at that distance on such small targets is very good indeed!!

a very good time was had indeed!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
That's GREAT! Sounds like yall had a fantastic time. The device you're talking about is a chronograph. By the time you make it back down here you're going to outshoot me.
That'll be the day! I doubt that very much, Bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ruger 10/22 with a pink laminate stock, kidd trigger (didnt know about bear's trigger jobs when i purchased it), leupold rimfire vx2 3-9x33 efr with fine duplex xhairs and target turrets from the leupold custom shop anadozid pink by leupold, barrel is a pink anodized from tactical solutions, reciever is duracoated pink. scope base and rings are leupold.

Dang, that think is a beauty.

if the current crop of ruger gp100s are typical of the high quality of Winds' pistol they are a very fine product indeed. i was expecting something more along the lines of my brother's gp100 he bought waaaaay back. the version winds has is impressive indeed.

the bluing is called colt royal blue. colt no longer offers this level of finish on any of their production or custom shop guns.

That picture does not do justice to the beauty of that gun and it's finish. AND I GOT TO SHOOT IT!!

she did fantastic. the pinking steel is 25 yards out and arent very big at all at that distance. she was hitting about 70% which for the first serious shoot at that distance on such small targets is very good indeed!!

Just imagine what I can do when I get a scope on that thing! See you in September, Bear. I have some work for you to do.

a very good time was had indeed!!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
That's it. I had no idea you could get all these contraptions to help you shoot better and decide what loads to use when loading your own ammo.