Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Took my son to the range today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Default Took my son to the range today

I took my son for his first time shooting today. I brought my Ruger sr 22, so we could work on the basics. I think for the most part it went very well, his shots were on the paper. We'll be working on his grouping later down the road lol. I also brought my sw 380 bodyguard, it shot well, but very long trigger pull.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6130 Times on 3715 Posts
Likes Given: 6963

Good job. We all have to start somewhere. He will remember this day forever.

People Like This 
Old 09-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #3

Liked 1421 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 995

How old is he? I love shooting with my son. He started very early. Maybe like 4 or 5 with a bb gun. He is now almost 14 and can give me a run for my money with just about anything we shoot.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 09-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Good job. We all have to start somewhere. He will remember this day forever.
I had a lot of fun!

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People Like This 
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
How old is he? I love shooting with my son. He started very early. Maybe like 4 or 5 with a bb gun. He is now almost 14 and can give me a run for my money with just about anything we shoot.
He's 9 and I also started him out on a bb gun. I just recently became a member with a local shooting range (Izaak Walton League). I thought what better time to him get started than now. I have a middle daughter who is 7 and younger son who is 4, so I'll have my hands full for sure.

Jeremy

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People Like This 
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #6

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

start'em out right, and you won't have to look for them..........@ least 3 - 4 months outta the year (if huntin).

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

People Like This 
Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #7

Liked 60 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 2

luckey you my daughter 6 and middle son 9 hate guns dont like the noise and are plane scared of them but it makes it easier when it comes to gun saftey however my oldes son loves guns a bit to much. he still hasent shown the corect mind set needed to handel a firearm mabey next year

Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #8

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123
luckey you my daughter 6 and middle son 9 hate guns dont like the noise and are plane scared of them but it makes it easier when it comes to gun saftey however my oldes son loves guns a bit to much. he still hasent shown the corect mind set needed to handel a firearm mabey next year
How old is your oldest son?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #9

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123 View Post

that's where you come in....DAD. teach him, and forget he is, what was it 14. teach him and remind him EVERYTIME, that he has a weapon and ingrain it into his psyche about checkin to see if loaded, watchin the barrel, safety on, etc, etc. he will get it.

do it often, it will come.

i took my 4 y.o. lil girl dove huntin last weekend, she loved it. but, she's also known that her Daddy hunts deer, and shoots armadillos in the yard since she was old enough to know what deer and armadillos were.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Davyboy Likes This 
Old 09-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123
I'll probably take her out to the range with me, just the two of us daddy daughter time.

Jeremy

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People Like This