Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Took my son to the range today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/took-my-son-range-today-72563/)

PC167 09-17-2012 01:21 AM

Took my son to the range today

I took my son for his first time shooting today. I brought my Ruger sr 22, so we could work on the basics. I think for the most part it went very well, his shots were on the paper. We'll be working on his grouping later down the road lol. I also brought my sw 380 bodyguard, it shot well, but very long trigger pull.

winds-of-change 09-17-2012 01:24 AM

Good job. We all have to start somewhere. He will remember this day forever.

Rick1967 09-17-2012 01:29 AM

How old is he? I love shooting with my son. He started very early. Maybe like 4 or 5 with a bb gun. He is now almost 14 and can give me a run for my money with just about anything we shoot.

PC167 09-17-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Good job. We all have to start somewhere. He will remember this day forever.

I had a lot of fun!

PC167 09-17-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967
How old is he? I love shooting with my son. He started very early. Maybe like 4 or 5 with a bb gun. He is now almost 14 and can give me a run for my money with just about anything we shoot.

He's 9 and I also started him out on a bb gun. I just recently became a member with a local shooting range (Izaak Walton League). I thought what better time to him get started than now. I have a middle daughter who is 7 and younger son who is 4, so I'll have my hands full for sure.

USEBOTHHANDS 09-17-2012 01:52 AM

start'em out right, and you won't have to look for them..........@ least 3 - 4 months outta the year (if huntin). :D

robertusa123 09-19-2012 12:16 AM

luckey you my daughter 6 and middle son 9 hate guns dont like the noise and are plane scared of them but it makes it easier when it comes to gun saftey however my oldes son loves guns a bit to much. he still hasent shown the corect mind set needed to handel a firearm mabey next year

ineverFTF 09-19-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertusa123
luckey you my daughter 6 and middle son 9 hate guns dont like the noise and are plane scared of them but it makes it easier when it comes to gun saftey however my oldes son loves guns a bit to much. he still hasent shown the corect mind set needed to handel a firearm mabey next year

How old is your oldest son?

USEBOTHHANDS 09-19-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertusa123 (Post 946147)

that's where you come in....DAD. :) teach him, and forget he is, what was it 14. teach him and remind him EVERYTIME, that he has a weapon and ingrain it into his psyche about checkin to see if loaded, watchin the barrel, safety on, etc, etc. he will get it.

do it often, it will come.

i took my 4 y.o. lil girl dove huntin last weekend, she loved it. but, she's also known that her Daddy hunts deer, and shoots armadillos in the yard since she was old enough to know what deer and armadillos were.

PC167 09-19-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertusa123

I'll probably take her out to the range with me, just the two of us daddy daughter time.