Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Took my church youth group shooting today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default Took my church youth group shooting today

So my church's youth group assigned me, a teenager of 17, to be in charge of a day at the range because they knew my passion about guns and that I'm experienced and responsible with them. Including me there was 11 kids between the ages of 16 and 18. I had taught them gun safety, technique, etc. last week so today was the day we went. We brought 5 .22 LR rifles and 1 .22 mag rifle for everyone to shoot. We started off with the inexperienced shooters first, we had 6 kids shooting at once, many of them their first shots. I supervised and taught one, as did my other teenage friend and 4 adults took care of the other kids. Everyone had a blast, literally, and all of them got fairly good groupings. Last I brought my Mosin and let everyone that wanted to shoot one round through it; everyone except for a small girl took the recoil fairly well. I'm very happy that they trusted me enough to literally put me in charge of everything and glad that everyone had good and safe fun. I would say it was a massive success.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #2

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Great job man. Very cool. Everyone needs too shoot a Mosin :-). Also glad to see another teen that into guns on here, although I'm 15.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Good deal. Glad ya took the time.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #4

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox
Great job man. Very cool. Everyone needs too shoot a Mosin :-). Also glad to see another teen that into guns on here, although I'm 15.
I am fourteen. U thought that mostly adults were on FTF
Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #5

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter17 View Post
I am fourteen. U thought that mostly adults were on FTF
Im 14 as well

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.