Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > todays a good day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 180 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default todays a good day

I just bought a mossberg 702 plinkster so we went shooting today I took my girl friend and my bother in law and my sister I took the AK and my shotgun also this was also my girlfriends first time shooting she actually got head shots at 25 yards with the 702 even with the stock being to long for her. I bumb fired my ak and it ran like a type writter but my shot gun (a model 300 akkar) had trouble firing it would make it would click but there would be no firing pin marking on the primers then after trying it a few times it would finally fire off the round I have no clue what the problem is there but I took her apart and the firing pin seemed normal so I have zero clue. Sorry there are no pics but for some reason I can't get any of them off my phone it's acting weird. But despite all of the bs with my shotgun it was still and awesome day none the less.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 892 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
my shot gun (a model 300 akkar) had trouble firing it would make it would click but there would be no firing pin marking on the primers then after trying it a few times it would finally fire off the round I have no clue what the problem is there but I took her apart and the firing pin seemed normal so I have zero clue.

I had the same problem with a Remington 700 rifle. Just a click, no dent on the primers. It turned out to be--believe it or not--that the forend stock screw was too tight and prohibited the bolt from coming to a complete lock. I don't think your 300 has stock or takedown screws...but it might be something just as simple.

War to the knife; the knife to the hilt

Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #3

Liked 180 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I'll have to look into make sure things are tight enough but not over tight I did install a side sadle for it that replaces the front trigger assembly pin but i never thought that could be it.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED