Thunder Thursday - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Thunder Thursday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

You don't even have to wait until you get home. My wife and I were at the range last week, and she took some video of me shooting. When I played it back seconds later, I saw a bad habit that had crept into my grip without my feeling it. I reloaded and addressed it right away.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #12

Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 757

I switch between 9mm, 10mm, .45acp, .380, .22lr, and .32acp. It becomes real obvious what I am doing wrong. Start w/ a heavy recoil gun, switch to a .22lr and watch what happens. Have a partner hand you your own handguns in different calibers at each reload and see what happens.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you dont have snap caps. Try having her close her eyes and just have her squeeze the trigger nice and slow a few shots it works with some shooters. I have had my daughter do it when she was starting to anticpate the shot and jerk the pistol. just have her work on squeezing that trigger nothing else matters and then when she gets back to good mechanics then have her open her eyes and start to aim again with the same slowness and steadyness they did when there eyes where closed

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 10-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #14
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Got snap caps. I had to get them on line. I think she is being a little to gentle with the trigger. She is taking too long to get the shot off and by the time it breaks she is anticipating. This is a new problem. She was doing pretty good before and has a lot of rounds down range.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Last edited by JTJ; 10-30-2011 at 12:34 AM.