Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Thunder Thursday (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/thunder-thursday-50245/)

JTJ 10-21-2011 01:08 AM

Thunder Thursday

2 Attachment(s)
My wife and I went to the indoor range today. It is Thunder Thursday and 1/2 price. I am trying to figure out how to stop her from anticipating the shot and pushing the muzzle down. The pistol is dead on. She is shooting an SR9c. When I got her to relax she would get into the black but then she would start choking the pistol to death and shoot low. We were shooting at 7 yards.
I was shooting an SR9c and a G36. We each have an SR9c. Below are my targets also at 7 yards. She would not let me keep her targets.

g17frantz 10-21-2011 02:56 AM

Nice shootin jtj. I think you got em

canebrake 10-21-2011 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Get some snap-caps and mix them up in the mag with live ammo.

It will graphically show her the anticipation movement she makes when the gun doesn't go bang!

Boyerracing343 10-21-2011 03:09 AM

Nice shooting bud. Thanks for sharing.

g17frantz 10-21-2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake

It will graphically show her the anticipation movement she makes when the gun doesn't go bang!

Cane, which snap caps are those a-zooms? Have you have had any experience with them? I got the pachmayar ones for the 1911 and the glock for dry fire practice and they've held up pretty good so far...

canebrake 10-21-2011 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz (Post 606575)
Cane, which snap caps are those a-zooms? Have you have had any experience with them? I got the pachmayar ones for the 1911 and the glock for dry fire practice and they've held up pretty good so far...

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v.../ammo/AtoZ.jpg

As you can see I use mine frequently. Actually I have made a game of chambering one and while watching evening TV I practice my trigger brake and sight picture by shooting actors on screen. The worse the show, the more practice I get in. It's great therapy!

g17frantz 10-21-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake

As you can see I use mine frequently. Actually I have made a game of chambering one and while watching evening TV I practice my trigger brake and sight picture by shooting actors on screen. The worse the show, the more practice I get in. It's great therapy!

Omg why haven't I done that!?? With some of the crap on TV lately I'm sure you practice a lot! Too bad my boss isn't on TV.......
Guess ill have to try the a-zooms next

winds-of-change 10-21-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 606536)

I have snap caps for my GP100 and I use them all the time to practice at home and at the range as Cane mentioned. I put one or two in my revolver, spin the cylinder then shut it, aim and shoot. Sometimes it goes BANG and sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to have to start aiming at people on the TV, too. I like that idea. Thanks.

utf59 10-21-2011 02:30 PM

I prefer dry-firing at the TV with my revolver. I get faster follow-up shots when the lawyer commercials come on.

fmj 10-21-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 606536)

Great idea.....another thought is to film the range sessions. When you get home you can review the tapes and she will SEE the issue(s). Around we call 'em our "game tapes"

by the by....thats some dern fine paper massacrein' there!!