Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   think you're good? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/think-youre-good-107870/)

uanda 06-16-2014 02:37 AM

think you're good?

So calculate his time for just 8 targets, one hit on each, (ie, 1.7 seconds less than his total) and try to match it with 00 buck and a pump gun. :-) And of course, his AR could have had a sound suppressor, which aint feasible with a 12 ga. Try that buck blast, no ear protection, at night, in a small room sometime. :-) You'll lose your night adapted vision and you won't be hearing anything for a while.

uanda 06-16-2014 02:42 AM

or this one

Axxe55 06-16-2014 03:05 AM

and the point being what?

most anyone that has been around shooting for any length of period of time knows who Jerry Miculek is and his abilities in shooting.

the video and your post don't seem to have much in common unless i'm missing something.

Shoobee 06-16-2014 03:21 AM

It's too bad that this guy is too old to carry a pack and ammo and keep up with the infantry in the heat of the day. Or else we could sent him off to A-stan to help out our guys and gals there.

Otherwise this guy is just wasting ammo.

Axxe55 06-16-2014 03:25 AM

wow, just wow.:rolleyes:

you do know he's factory paid shooter don't you?

sounds like you might be just a bit jealous Shoobee.

ShagNasty1001 06-16-2014 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoobee (Post 1590878)
It's too bad that this guy is too old to carry a pack and ammo and keep up with the infantry in the heat of the day. Or else we could sent him off to A-stan to help out our guys and gals there.

How is going out and enjoying shooting a waste of ammo? Ammo is meant to be shot and all he does is shoot it fast and accurately.. If not being able to keep up with infantry is a disqualification to shoot, then why don't you sell your guns too because I guarantee you won't be able to keep up either and go start knitting

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

deg 06-16-2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoobee (Post 1590878)

I have to hand it to you Shoobee, you have left me speechless; my wife ought to make that kind of logic when she is trying to get the last word in.

DrFootball 06-16-2014 05:44 AM

think you're good?

I'm sure Even his Wife and Daughter( also Paid spokespersons and shooters) could outshoot any of us here,....Shoobee, your def An interesting dude...wondering if you just say that kinda stuff to all the Girls..

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

uanda 06-16-2014 01:03 PM

my comment nad this vid has EVERYTHING to do with it. get a shooting timer app for your smart phone and find OUT how fast you aint. That's where (and why) you start. No, everybody does NOT know what real speed of shooting is, obviously. Or you wouldn't see most of the comments that you see on these forums. People are slow as molasses, mostly.

uanda 06-16-2014 01:18 PM

from low ready, raise pistol, chest hit, 10 ft, .40 second. openly worn, but concealable rig, hands at sides, draw and hit .75 second Conceal it and times should still be sub 1.0 second. 90 degree pivots should add no more than .10 second to that. 180 degree pivot no more than .10 second to the 90 degree time.

rifle, held across the thighs at low ready, safety engaged, finger outside of the guard, raise and hit at 5 yds, sub 1.0 second. If held at high ready, shoulderd, .50 second. double the range, add .10 second, same if double it again and again. Very, very few are fast and accurate with a rifle, from an un-ready start. Notice that Jerry's red dot on the rifle would do him no good if he had to shoot around the left side of cover? He'd have to expose his entire torso in order to fire.