Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Testing some ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Testing some ammunition

Well I mentioned I've had them for a little while now, just never gave a range report on either yet. I also figure they've had their brake in time, so I'll let everyone know how they shoot.

First picture is with the XT 22, 8shot groups at 25 yards with Federals Champion 36gr HP.
As you can tell, it's hitting low and to the left. (iron sights)

Same rifle and distance, but with Winchesters Xpert HV 36gr HP
Still a little low and to the left, but the groups are a bit tighter on this one. (irons) 5shot groups.

Third picture was done with the Mossberg Plinkster at the same distance, this one is a five shot group with the Winchester rounds. Was also done with a 4x32 scope. Would of had some nice groups, but some shots where pulled. I also shot an extra group which is the second one down on the left. The purpose of that one was to see if I could shot a round and then aim for the hole and get all five into it. As you can tell, I got 3/5 inside, so I'm pretty happy.

The last picture is the same distance, round count scope and rifle but firing the Federals this time. This was the last volley of rounds I sent down range since the temp starting to drop. This is another one I'll retry some time when it's warmer since I started to shiver a little bit. Some groups I was still about to stack the rounds into one hole though.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Very nice. Looks pretty good to me.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #3

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

The Xpert HP in the white box held the best groups in my rifle.

The Xpert HV prints loose groups for me.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

For bulk ammo, I get the best groups with Winchester 555.

I would put a scope on that XT-22.

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

Old 01-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #5

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Very nice. Looks pretty good to me.
Thanks Tex'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
The Xpert HP in the white box held the best groups in my rifle.

The Xpert HV prints loose groups for me.
The stuff I'm using came in a white box, I'm not to sure if it's the same stuff your using or not though. I might see if Walmart here carries just the HV solids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895
For bulk ammo, I get the best groups with Winchester 555.

I would put a scope on that XT-22.
I was actually looking at a box of those as I grabbed the winchesters. Might grab some after the Federals are done since there about half a box or so of them.

As for putting a scope on the XT, I'd already have one on it of it was mine. But it's my girlfriends and she said that she wants one, just doesn't want me buying it since she'll feel like a mooch......might buy her the same scope I'm using for valentines day, just want wan it to be a Home Simpson thing.