Teaching the wife to shoot. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

Teaching the wife to shoot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 05:03 AM   #11
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1466 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
You teach your wifey to shoot and the most likely person she will ever shoot is you.

Most men who have questionable morals and were likely to be shot by a spouse would not voluntarily choose to teach their spouse a martial art.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3383 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Teaching the wife to shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
Saturday The wife and I went up the hill to a place where I could give her some instruction on safety and shooting my Makarov. I wanted to see if she would be better suited for an auto or revolver. She was ok with the recoil but she could not jack one into the chamber, so I guess I will get her a revolver.

The first picture is her best of 3 targets. She hit 8 times out of about 12 rounds.

The second pic is my 20 rounds, 19 good hits, and one on the top right edge. The one on the edge made me make an adjustment to my sights.

I did not have to "Teach" MzGrn much with Handgun or Rifle Shooting......

The shooting distance was 20 foot to the target.

Walther PPQ-M2. Very smooth slide, almost as good as the PPQ-22, which is like "butta," also the Ruger LC380(LC 9 sized frame and slide but 380 chambering and reduced slide resistance), and SR-22.....

+10 on the UpLula,..plus just about any loader helps! The one that came with my SR9 is just a piece of formed metal with a semi loop on it to push the rounds in. I keep most of the mags for all loaded anyway,..except for the Buckmark mags.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-13-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 597 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 3116

Tek, I am not at all worried about my wife shooting me. I am more worried about her NOT shooting an aggressor.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-14-2014, 12:07 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
You teach your wifey to shoot and the most likely person she will ever shoot is you.

not sure how you would have any insight into this, as i think you have said before you have never been married.

only a man of ill morals has cause to be worried about such things.

i am quite glad my wife knows how to shoot and as i don't do things that wouldgive her cause to want to shoot me, i don't worry about such silly things.
People Like This 
Old 05-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2304 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 1240

One word 'Revolver'!
7point62 Likes This 
Old 05-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1505 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

My sister came in from Houston a few weeks ago and wanted to learn how to shoot. I agreed, but damn, it was like Mrs Barney Fife on amphetamines. She's a little skinny gal, nervous as a cat in a roomful of rockin chairs. I gave her the ultra beginner-beginner lesson with a Ruger 10-22 and she did--okay--but I was afraid she was gonna jump out of her shoes.

What was that old Don Knott's movie...The Shakiest Gun in the West? Well, she's got him beat. I would advise all gun stores in east-central Texas to NOT sell any firearm to my sister. Some people should not own guns.
People Like This