From TCP to LCP - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > From TCP to LCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBob518 View Post
I agree with you that the TCP has a better grip (for me) and a much shorter trigger pull. I also picked the TCP over the LCP. But after that cleaning pin came out all on it's own, I was shooting at least 2 FTE every clip. Fix a target pistol, sure, but a survival gun, dump it. My Taurus Judge shot great for 50 rounds, then the cylindar started locking up. Sent it back, and have shot 20 rounds through it, seems OK, but I don't want to push it after waiting 7 weeks to have it fixed out of the box. I don't think anyone on this forum trashes guns, but rather expresses experiences so others may not have to relive them.
To be fair, I have read as many horror stories on the Ruger LCP as I have on the TCP. All one has to do is google Ruger LCP sucks and you get a few thousand hits. To be fair you get abou the same with the TCP. I have had a couple of Taurus guns and never once had a problem with any of them. I have also had a couple of Rugers and never once had a problem with one. Had a problem with a beretta tom cat. Beretta took care of it but I had to pay for shipping.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #22

Just my$.02 as I have not tried any other .380,compact or otherwise.
I love my LCP,post recall unit that I have had 0 FTE/FTF.
Only gripes are no last shot hold open or spare mag.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #23

Default Tcp lcp

I like the TCP and have not had any problems. I held a sig p238 last week and it was very nice in the hands. I am going to sell a couple of guns I don't use anymore and seriously look at getting one. I had a Mustang but now they are priced out way over their value and parts are nonexistant for these little colts. The fit and finish on the sig was outstanding. I have not seen any gun manufacture with this kind of attention to detail outside of the Germans. I think 759 is a kick in the nads [the local gun shop price] I see them on line for around 4 to 450.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #24

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have a tarus pt145 and I think its great 1000k rnds and no FTF or FTE. I guess I have good luck because I also have a kel-tec p3at carry it everyday in my pocket and same thing no problems!!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:50 AM   #25

Default p238

Just added a sig p238 to the collection. I bought the HD all ss model. It is very high quality and nicer then the colt mustang. Between the two I think that the TCP will be my carry gun. It is lighter and more of a hide out gun for carry. The little carry pack is very nice and looks like a phone or PDA. I love the double action only for CC. The sig will also work and I only picked it up because I found a sale on the New HD for 469. Great price for a hard to find gun.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #26
ET1

I own 3 Taurus hand guns. All three are excellent guns.

The TCP has been perfect after the 200 round break-in period that I allow all of my guns to go thru. After 200 rounds there better be no problems. The TCP has been perfect with all ammo & especially with the SD ammo I keep loaded in this gun. I use Federal's Hydra-Shok LE Tactical jhp & have never had a single hickup with that ammo after firing 300 rounds of it. The only ammo that my TCP won't fire is Speer's Lawman fmj. I don't know why, but my gun hates that particular ammo, so I merely stay away from it. I have even fired 50 rounds of Tulammo from Russia without an ftf...go figure.

I also own a Taurus Judge ultra-lite. I've had that gun for 1 1/2 years. I've never had any issues with it either. 410 buckshot from federal, 45LC xtp from Hornady, & cowboy loads from Winchester have all been perfect in my Judge.

My pt111 mil pro that I've owned for over 2 years now is one of my favorite guns. I have not had a single ftf in that gun since I opened the box. I like the feel of this gun better than my Glocks. It has had no returns to the factory. I can't say the same for my S&W semi's. All in all the Taurus line has been perfect for me. With the posts on this thread one would think that out of 3 guns 2 would have been returned to the factory.

Could it be that the problems are overstated simply because every problem gets yelled from the roof tops, but every success gets ignored because no one cares?

Old 10-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #27

I sold my sig 238, it is to small for the style gun, unless you have small hands and its not for a left handed person. My index knuckle would hit the slid stop holding it open. It was finicky on ammo and 500 should have bought a better gun design. I sold it made 50 and bought a TCP best trade I have made. Not one failure except for some poor reloads. [not resized] This gun comes with two mags and nice holster that my shirt can be up and you can't tell what it is. I have argued with the Rohrbaugh, that for 1100 I would expect a nice looking blond to come with it for a full instructional private seminar. Its overpriced and the gun is to small for a 9, watch the videos, the first thing they complain about is it jumps in the hand. I get the its the Cadillac of guns, Yah, that’s what I need, an AK is loose and ugly and fires every time after dragging it through the mud. I don't need to spend 1100 on a gun to make me feel 2 inches bigger.