Targets? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

Targets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Pallets for me too. We used to use PVC stands, but my sister inevitably shoots our target stand half an hour in....
I've made a deal with our Coke/Pepsi/7up reps where I'll be marginally less hostile towards them in return for a never-ending supply of pallets to shoot.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Pallets for me too. We used to use PVC stands, but my sister inevitably shoots our target stand half an hour in....
I've made a deal with our Coke/Pepsi/7up reps where I'll be marginally less hostile towards them in return for a never-ending supply of pallets to shoot.
Why would you be hostile towards the Coke man? He's just bringing you a soda....

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Why would you be hostile towards the Coke man? He's just bringing you a soda....
Sales reps are the tricky, deceitful snakes, to be treated with suspicion and scorn. Amongst those of my profession, they are affectionately referred to as "vendor scum."

Old 07-14-2010, 01:30 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I weld 1 1/2" x 4" pipe to the back of my steel targets & mount them on two "T" posts. I have my own range at the farm & can leave them or move them as I want. I also use 1 1/2" PVC & 1" pieces of wood to make target stands for. Just staple some cardboard to the wood & then staple your target to the cardboard. You can make them any size you feel like. The last one I made, I put QuickCrete in the base so the wind don't blow it over. Lastly, A swing set type frame made from PVC will allow you to hang any size of steel plate from a couple of lenghts of chain. I have some 1" & 2 1/4" round 3/8" & 1/4" steel along with some 3"x5" & 5'x7" hung the same way. I set these from 25 to 150 yds & use them for the .22 LR.

Will Rogers

Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #15

I was thinking of some target designs the other day, and I decided that I wanted to make some knock down silhouettes for when my friends and I go to the desert. Basic design in my head would be to weld a metal silhouette to metal pipe (length 36'' to 48'') to a base, when standing, the target would be at a 90 angle . Now I haven't decided how to build the base yet, but attached to the base will be a "stopper" angled at 45 so the target would indicate being hit without falling all the way down. For the hinge part I'm probably gonna weld a small flat chunk of steel to the bottom of the pipe on the backside of the target and just use a heavy duty door hinge. I'm just trying to make it reasonably light weight and portable without sacrificing durability and sturdiness.
P.S. The reason for the "stopper" idea is so that i can attach some 550 paracord and pull the targets back to the ready without having to go downrange every time.

Last edited by SHIFTY; 07-15-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #16

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts

I like that Idea...
For the hinges, you might want to look into gate or door hinges that are spring activated, or maybe.... use an airsoft spring(like 12 bucks)...Hmmm... I love it when i get to plotting...

Old 07-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
I like that Idea...
For the hinges, you might want to look into gate or door hinges that are spring activated, or maybe.... use an airsoft spring(like 12 bucks)...Hmmm... I love it when i get to plotting...
That's not bad! Hhhhhmmmmmm.... back to the think tank....

Old 07-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #18

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts

Yeahh... if you've seen a camper, those Pnuedrolic lifter thingamabbs? I'm thinking of making a spring type instead... because using 2 or 300 yards of parachord's not an option lol

Old 07-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Yeahh... if you've seen a camper, those Pnuedrolic lifter thingamabbs? I'm thinking of making a spring type instead... because using 2 or 300 yards of parachord's not an option lol
I was more than likely going to use the targets to run pistol drills, but now that I think of it, I do have about 200 yds of paracord lying around.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #20
VR4

I got bored one day and made the target master.

TARGET.flv video by VR4154 - Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/user/VR4154#p/u