Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Tales from the Gun Range - Chapter 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 364 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default Tales from the Gun Range - Chapter 2

Wow, it has been too long since I've shot.

Today we were overly ambitious. I needed to zero the scope on a 30-30 Marlin, a red dot on my 10/22 and I wanted to test fire the S&W M22A and Ruger P89 I got back over Christmas. Took my Beretta Neos and Baby Eagle 45 for good measure.

When I went shooting with an ex-Green Beret we didn't take this many guns!

New rule. Four is the max.

Shooting time was too scattered, though plenty of room in the beginning so my son and I could do our usual one person shoots and the other reloads. Having some problems zeroing the scope. I've never really done it and it's been a struggle.

The 10/22 continues to give me trouble. Last time I zeroed the optic I saw the mount was loose. Took everything apart after the trip and fixed it. This time the front screw on the red dot came loose AFTER I got everything zeroed. Argh! Guess it is time for some loc-tite.

The M22A shoots great but had tons of FTE's. Going to try it again with some Mini-mags at a later date. The Ruger P89 did not disappoint and I actually shoot better with it than I used to.

Somebody brought an FN FS2000, which I had just been asking about here. Damn, those things are loud! Not sure how that is possible since it's shooting .223 but my son thought I had fired a few times (he was spotting) when it was the FN.

Saw a Beretta INOX with a compensator, which was pretty sweet. Some other folks had brought a Beretta Storm Carbine and a Beretta 92. Couldn't tell the exact model but it didn't have an underbarrel rail. Maybe an older 92F or M9?

As usual, lots of Taurus pistols, mostly 24/7's. Glocks as usual. Nothing terribly exciting today. .22's were in abundance and there were quite a few classes going on. Didn't see as many shooters, I honestly think people are too busy hoarding ammo right now. The rifle range was dead dead dead today.

Oddly, first time I've been out I didn't see an XD. Someone had a case as we were leaving but I never saw one fired today.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here