Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum

Finally got to get out to the range and really spend some quality time with this hand cannon today.

ruger-super-blackhawk-.44mag-range-2.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

My old man used to one ,a much older version of that same pistol, when we lived in Alaska. Carried it in a shoulder rig whenever he went out. That thing was indeed a Hand Cannon.

I have toyed with the idea of getting one, out of sentimental needs, for years now. This picture and your shooting is making that more of a need.

Great shooting Doyle!! I like the addition of the blue paper behind the target to add to the impact of the target. Nice. I like that and may steal it in later posts. *respect*

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 02-21-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: clarity

Old 02-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

JD, I can honestly say that as soon as I purchased this gun I felt instant joy. You know that kind of feeling you got as a kid when you got the one thing you had been asking for all year? That's how it was for me anyways... I'm already in the process of talking myself out of (or into) a Ruger Vaquero with a shorter barrel!!

P.S. It actually just used white printing paper and a blue sharpie. Works great though!!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Now that's a real beauty. Great shooting, too.

I see one of those single action Rugers in my future.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 02-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I love my dad's big bore rugers!

Great piece!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:12 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yea, I thought the .44 mag. was a cannon when I got my first one in 1967. I have now moved up to the .500 S&W as my hand cannon and the lowly .44 mag. has been religated to a CCW gun. Nice and lite to carry with relitively low recoil. I still love the .44 mag. I have 4 of them at present and that number will probly go up before it goes down.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 03-09-2010, 04:19 AM   #7

Nice pistol and pretty darn good shooting. I love the 44 mag. Almost too much fun. When I was out Saturday shooting, Im not sure if I enjoyed the shooting or the smell of gun powder in the air more, Its kind of like breakfast, you cant have eggs with out sausage or baken. Just would not be the same. Any way the 44 mag is a great round, fun to shoot.