Stupid things you've seen or done at the range....... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Stupid things you've seen or done at the range.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10549 Times on 4555 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

Hellfar, boy- Ah'm from the SOUTH! We'uns think ALL of Y'all tauk funny-

But we are far too sophisticated to point that out..........

Old 05-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #32
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8660 Times on 5167 Posts
Likes Given: 11406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
This is a ute...

Oh, mygod, Jpyle. Thank you so much for the laugh. One of my favorite movies.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #33

My first hand gun was a rock island 1911. At this point in my life I had shot 20gauge and 22 only. Never having fired a pistol much less a .45 I was profoundly excited. I didn't know how the gun would feel how it would kick so nervous I pointed the shaky gun at the target, click forgot to load it, it gets better. So I remove the mag and load it chamber around, I still love that sound, and fire. Pain shoots through my hand as I look down and I am gripping a 1911 like a revolver thumbs crossed, my massive thumbs and a dent in my right thumb nuckel where the slide gauged me. After rensing out the cut and letting my nervs cool down I finished the box. Next week I did the same thing.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #34

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by clax View Post
My first hand gun was a rock island 1911. At this point in my life I had shot 20gauge and 22 only. Never having fired a pistol much less a .45 I was profoundly excited. I didn't know how the gun would feel how it would kick so nervous I pointed the shaky gun at the target, click forgot to load it, it gets better. So I remove the mag and load it chamber around, I still love that sound, and fire. Pain shoots through my hand as I look down and I am gripping a 1911 like a revolver thumbs crossed, my massive thumbs and a dent in my right thumb nuckel where the slide gauged me. After rensing out the cut and letting my nervs cool down I finished the box. Next week I did the same thing.
Have you fired it more than twice?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
When my wife and i first met she was fascinated by my desert eagle 50ae. She begged and begged to go shoot it. So finally we set aside a weekend and went to an outdoor range.

My wife being a little better endowed than the norm decided to wear a lower cut top to the range. We get there get setup i touch off a few so she can see it in action. The desert eagle 50ae has a LOT of torque rotating the barrel violently to the left and smacking the shooter squarely in the forehead with a smoking hot piece of brass if your grip is the slightest bit weak.

So i hand her a ball cap and jacket. Telling her its a good idea to wear some protection by pulling the cap down an wear the jacket. She refused and wanted to just try it out. There is no denying her she is the sort that has to learn. The first shot went off the case pinged her right above the shooting

had her shirt above her head and her assests out for one and all.

To this day she does whatever i tell her when it comes to gun safety
Pictures or it didn't happen. Just kidding

Old 05-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Have you fired it more than twice?
Every week I shoot it so much I had to rebuild it

Old 05-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #37

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I took a coworker to the range and stopped him just in time. He had one of my autos (I forget which one, but it was either 9mm, .40 or .45) and was about to shoot it with his right thumb sticking straight up directly behind the slide.

I never thought of it before now, but I wonder how/if he was able to see the target with his thumb up like that.

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
William S. Burroughs

Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #38

Liked 2138 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 1387

I took my wife and my son to the range on this past Sunday. We had a great time. I was about half way through a magazine in my AR when I hear someone yelling "Cease Fire! Cease Fire!'" I stop looking through the scope to find some idiot walking around down range. Most of us were looking through scopes, so the retard was actually out there for a few seconds before anyone noticed them!

They became familar with the terms "Hot" and "Cold" rather quickly.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

A buddy almost made my boresighting lazerthingy a projectile with my SKS. I handed him the mag before looking at which rifle he had; luckily, about 3 of us saw it before he started firing/attempting to fire. Same buddy later shot a hole in a front window of his home, scaring the crap out of a meter reader in the yard (yep, the cops showed up, about 20 minutes later). Same buddy got perma-banned from bringing firearms inside or into any of my friends' cars after his Ruger 9mm mysteriously went off as he sat in another friend's backseat on a little road trip (nobody hurt but the car door). That boy is now in the Army Reserves; i sure hope they straightened him out in basic training. It might be better if they told him the maintenance (electronics) guys just carried ohmeters instead of rifles.

I was hesitant to tell the first part to anyone until the other incidents occured.