Stupid things you've seen or done at the range....... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Stupid things you've seen or done at the range.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

From a late friend- in between getting recalled to active duty, he was a cowboy, and, in season, a hunting guide in Arizona. Had some tenderfeet on a packing trip- riding in on horses. Enroute a deer ran out about 150 yards ahead of them. One of his tenderfeet decided to take a shot at it. WHILE STILL SITTING IN THE SADDLE- he pulled his rifle out of the scabbard, leaned forward, LAID THE BARREL IN BETWEEN THE EARS OF HIS HORSE, and touched off a round. Scared old Bessie out of 3 years growth, temporarily deafensed her, gave her a flash burn , and sent her into bucking the IDIOT on her back into the next county. Don quietly demanded all firearms and ammo from him- he spent the next 3 days of the trip riding, no guns. Not on horseback, not on foot. When the idiot complained, Don produced his credentials as a deputy- offered to charge him with felony animal cruely. He shut up.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #12

Originally Posted by AusLach
Not at the range but while out shooting...

My brothers and I went for a drive in the ute (what the hell is a ute?)with my .223 and the .25-06 to get some roos for dog meat. Out of the passenger's side window I spotted a mob (mob? bunch of people rioting?) so we pulled up the vehicle and from inside the cab I rested my rifle on the door frame to get a steady shot. Little did I know, my brother had set up the bipod of the .25-06 out across the bonnet. (bonnet? A hat? I know this one but could not resist) I drew a bead and fired, and an instant later there was a massive crack as my brother fired too.

I immediately fell into the footwell, (what the hell is a footwell?)the quarter-bore's muzzle had been about a foot away from my head. After the ringing had subsided and I had finished yelling at my idiot brother, I could only begin to laugh as he had cracked his windscreen (I asume windshield?)from the centre all the way over to the A-pillar! What is a A-pillar?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Hey anyone have a Aussie dictionary??

Scubie
UTE: ???
Mob: i assume is like a Group??

Foot well = Floor board of a car
and the A-pillar is the first pillar on the side of the windshield, then as u go behind the front seats is the B-pillar, and the ones on the side of the rear window would be the C-pillar... we also call it the same in American...

Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7793 Times on 4680 Posts
Likes Given: 9797

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
From a late friend- in between getting recalled to active duty, he was a cowboy, and, in season, a hunting guide in Arizona. Had some tenderfeet on a packing trip- riding in on horses. Enroute a deer ran out about 150 yards ahead of them. One of his tenderfeet decided to take a shot at it. WHILE STILL SITTING IN THE SADDLE- he pulled his rifle out of the scabbard, leaned forward, LAID THE BARREL IN BETWEEN THE EARS OF HIS HORSE, and touched off a round. Scared old Bessie out of 3 years growth, temporarily deafensed her, gave her a flash burn , and sent her into bucking the IDIOT on her back into the next county. Don quietly demanded all firearms and ammo from him- he spent the next 3 days of the trip riding, no guns. Not on horseback, not on foot. When the idiot complained, Don produced his credentials as a deputy- offered to charge him with felony animal cruely. He shut up.

What an ass. Poor horse.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

My recent skeet trip with my buddy, I was getting used to the new "baseball bat" style thrower. I threw one that curved back towards him, and he led the thing almost past the imaginary line between us.

Red line represents path of clay, blue line represents where my friend was aiming. I damn near **** myself. Thank goodness he didn't shoot. I would only throw trap for him after that ****.

stupid-friend.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When I was in high school, a buddy and I were out in the woods shooting whatever we found or brought. We decide to go for a walk. We come around a corner in the trail and there is a pile of cement pieces someone dumped with a glass bottle sitting in the pile. The second we see it, my buddy blasts it with his 12 ga. We were about 10 feet from the pile, and something??? glass? cement? bb? comes back and cuts me right over the eye.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 AM   #16

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts

UTE: ???
Mob: i assume is like a Group??

Foot well = Floor board of a car
and the A-pillar is the first pillar on the side of the windshield, then as u go behind the front seats is the B-pillar, and the ones on the side of the rear window would be the C-pillar... we also call it the same in American...[/QUOTE]

Sorry brother don't know where in America you live but in my State (West ..By God.. Texas) we call a pillar what you fluff up on a bed.

Scubie

Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #17

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Hey anyone have a Aussie dictionary??

Scubie
AusLach's Aussie Terms Dictionary

Ute:

Mob of kangaroos:

Footwell:

A-Pillar:

Last edited by AusLach; 05-11-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: me noes spel gud

Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #18

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

And Scubie, I need a picture of you for the definition of 'drongo'...

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CDQQFjAD&url=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.koalanet.com.au%2Faustralian-slang.html&ei=P9fJTe-KEcitrAf4ocykBQ&usg=AFQjCNH7woYoergtlVhxhHKOn7v0uK LlOg

Old 05-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #19

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
He's lucky he wasn't killed. I have a similar story of a woman who claimed to be an experienced rider and asked for the most "spirited" horse to ride.

The horse got spooked by a truck going over a cattle guard. The "experienced" rider put on the brakes full-bore, the horse came to a complete stop, and the rider went flying over the horse's head.

The horse decided to run again and hit her in the head with a hoof. Peeled her scalp completely over the back of her head.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My partner and i got a call to a apartment that was suppose to be empty was not. Another resident said she heard noise's in the apartment. So my partner and me go to search the unit front door was unlocked my partner was going in first. I had only worked with the guy a few times and he had told me had LE exp and military exp and had been doing security for awhile. So as he draw's his pistol a springfield xd 40 s&w, I hear a loud bang i see my partner going down and i sweep the area thinking he has been shot from somebody in the apartment i pull him out of the door way calling for police, emt and back up and start checking him for wounds as i'm watching the front door from behind a tree. My partner decides to tell me damn i shot myself in the foot. I look and ill be damned if he didnt shoot himself in the foot. Shot his big toe off. Back up arrived and we surrounded the apartment waited for police when they arrived they cleared the apartment found a cat and no sign of nobody else in the apartment. He was let go shortly after

Last edited by FaTmAn; 05-11-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: forgot a word or two