Started my range - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Started my range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Thanks for the kind words pure. Good luck on selling your property. It seems things are slowly getting better around here. Last year we had some money in a CD and it wasn't paying enough to keep up with the cost of living so we bought another place in western North Carolina. Its kinda an investment and I get more enjoyment out of it than I did that CD. Its a nice mid size house with a couple of acres at about 3500 above sea level with a catfish pond in the front yard. We try to go up there every chance we get. Its only about a 3 hour drive from here. If you do get a chance to make a move let me know and maybe we can get together over a glass of iced tea.... or something.

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 09-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 763 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Thats gonna be a great range. It takes time to get it the way you want it.

This is my front yard
I am always working on it to make it better, as I have lots of friends over to shoot.
Just FYI , check out the lawnmower wheels on my amidextrous bench.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Thats gonna be a great range. It takes time to get it the way you want it.

This is my front yard
I am always working on it to make it better, as I have lots of friends over to shoot.
Just FYI , check out the lawnmower wheels on my amidextrous bench.

Very nice indeed. I'm not at all beyond stealing ideas. I have one bench already and plan to build two more so I can have one at 25, 50 & 100 yards plus I want to build a table behind the 100 yard bench to have a place to put stuff. My range is around 150 feet to the right of my front porch.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 763 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Heres a pic From my front porch,
You can see my bench at the bottom of the hill. It rolls pretty easy. Shooting is left to right.
I have flat aluminum plates nailed in the ground at 10,25,50 75 and 100 yrds for markers , mow right over em, paint em orange .
I can take it from 0-100yds, or I go on top of that far hill for BIG rifles at 250yds, but rarely do that most of my playing is at 50-100 yrds.

Ill be looking for progress on your range.

Jim
People Like This 
Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Range equipment. What????? You didn't think I was going to walk back and forth to the targets did you?
20131001_135841-1-.jpg