Springfield XDm 3.8 45acp Compact
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Springfield XDm 3.8 45acp Compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6625 Times on 3520 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Default Springfield XDm 3.8 45acp Compact

took the new XDm compact 45 out today for its first run. COULDNT be more happy with it!!

i also took out the python and made a shotgun pattern on the target right off the bat. i really really really suck at revolvers. but i do like shooting it heh

i had to hold the gun up on the target to get a pic with it so some are a little blurry

with the xdm at 10 yards 10 shots with the shorty mag it did really well.

at 15 yards with the 13+1 mag for a 14 shot total

10 yards rapid fire starting with 9+1 a mag change then 13 more from the big mag.

one thing i did notice is that the mag extender can ride up a bit causing seating issues on a reload. i wont be carrying a spare with the extender in place.

a gripe ive read about in some reviews of the xdm series is on a full mag the magazine release is difficult to press to eject the mag. i want to point out THIS IS A GOOD THING!! the last thing you want to have happen is a premature magazine ejection!!

the stiff mag release on a loaded mag pretty much ensures you will not have a partially ejected magazine while carrying. once you take a shot or two the magazine release is very easy to depress when the slide is locked back on an empty magazine or when 1 or more rounds has been fired for a tactical reload.

anyway i give the SA XDm 45acp compact 4 thumbs up!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's some very fine shootin' Jon! It looks like she's a keeper. That's for sure!

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 12-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 310 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I really need one of these.

Used to have an XD45 compact for carry, didn't like shooting it with the extended mags. I figure it's compact for a reason, and I'm mostly concerned about mag length for concealment. The bigger mags just shed their extenders and joined the XDm45 rotation. But I think I might like to get the compact XDm for a medium carry option...and I already have a Supertuck for it.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6625 Times on 3520 Posts
Likes Given: 491

i shot it with and without the extension on the 13 round mag. it functioned just fine either way. with the extension it feels exactly like my full size.

i might get a fiber optic front green for it to help pick it up in shadows or bad light.

right now im using the holster it came with but i prefer an iwb holster. its a little easier in the transam since the grip is shorter than my new agent. it doesnt dig as much in my side or shift forward like the new agent does when im sitting in the bucket seat. i carry at 3oclock.

after a little experimenting with seating the 13 round with the extension long as you slam it in the extension will slide down into position no problem.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #5

Liked 2104 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

I have been thinking about adding one to my collection. Looks like you did quite well with yours. Those are groups to be proud of.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.