Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Springfield XD-40 Subcompact. 1st time (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/springfield-xd-40-subcompact-1st-time-33280/)

capnklump 10-20-2010 02:36 AM

Springfield XD-40 Subcompact. 1st time

2 Attachment(s)
Guys I apoligize for not getting this range report in sooner, but as soon as I got home from the range I had to get ready for work offshore (no internet offshore) & I'm out there for a whole month at a time. So here goes: I was so excited about buying this gun that I bought 4 boxes of target rounds with it & took it straight to the range to shoot it right "out of the box"! To say the least I was VERY impressed. The first couple of mags I shot were not extremely accurate, until I got accustomed to the recoil. I was shooting free hand, standing at 7 yds. The subcompact does not allow room for my pinky finger on the grip with the standard size mag, I have remedied that issue just today by adding Pearce grip extensions. Love em! The more I shoot this gun the more accurate I seem to get! Feeding is very smooth as is the trigger. Follow up shots are fast. My take on this fine weapon so far: For under $500, outstanding quality! An excellent choice for personal defense/CC. Besides the grip extensions & extra mags I bought today, there is only one more modification I am making. Next week I'm sending my slide off to Springfield & have them install my Trijicon night sights. And thats it, my rig will be complete. The attached target photo is my very first target I shot. The other is with my newly attached Pearce grip extensions.

Gojubrian 10-20-2010 02:01 PM

Excellent!! I have the same set up in OD green. I'll post pics later.

My favorite carry pistol. Good,accurate,reliable shooter that's easy to conceal. But, not so expensive that you would cry if the police took it. :)

safedman 10-25-2010 09:06 PM

XD-40 subcompact

I carry a G23, but I tried a friends XD-40 subcompact. I do not think you can find a more accurate and reliable subcompact anywhere. My wife shot a 3 inch group at 10 yards. :eek: Now she wants one. I Love that Woman!!
Good choice and good shooting my friend!

Dillinger 10-25-2010 09:10 PM

I missed this when you posted but Thank You for taking the time to do so.

That is some good shooting with such a small weapon. That is a dead bad guy all day in these parts of the woods. :)

JD

SecPro 10-25-2010 09:13 PM

I used to had an XDSC40. i miss that little bugger. Traded it for another AR though. Solid guns!!!!!!!

spittinfire 10-25-2010 09:18 PM

Outstanding shooting and you've got yourself a great weapon. I've had several XDs but currently only have a 45.

Dillinger 10-25-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 374369)
I've had several XDs but currently only have a 45.

That's okay Rusty - Some day you too will join the grown ups at the big guy table. :p

JD

spittinfire 10-25-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 374373)
That's okay Rusty - Some day you too will join the grown ups at the big guy table. :p

JD

And be like you? Shooting that 9? I can only dream....:p

Dillinger 10-25-2010 09:44 PM

You do realize that is getting quoted, moved to the Freudian thread with the subtle addition of " by someone like Shihan, right?

spittinfire 10-26-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 374387)
You do realize that is getting quoted, moved to the Freudian thread with the subtle addition of " by someone like Shihan, right?

I'm fine with that as long as everyone here knows you are shooting for merely a 9.....