Springfield M1A Loaded - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Springfield M1A Loaded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 02:22 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5516 Times on 2882 Posts
Likes Given: 358

ive never used one. does it really make a diff?? ive never had an issue shooting scopes off high rise mounts before. i know there are leather strap-ons you can use. the m21 stock looked a little pinchy with that adjustable cheek piece.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

It will come down to how it fits you. You may prefer a chin weld to a cheek weld. The leather rests were for the M1C/D and don't raise the cheek as much as offset it. There are a few strap on Cordura rests. Blackhawk ad Eagle are decent. They are too "squishy" for me, and I have one somewhere if you want it.

I had a rest that I made from a couple of layers of foam sleeping pad and some 100mph tape on a synthetic stock. It worked great, but the tape edges got "gooey" in 130+ heat. But taping up a nice walnut stock is not the same. Ha.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Have I mentioned that I'm jealous yet?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5516 Times on 2882 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
It will come down to how it fits you. You may prefer a chin weld to a cheek weld. The leather rests were for the M1C/D and don't raise the cheek as much as offset it. There are a few strap on Cordura rests. Blackhawk ad Eagle are decent. They are too "squishy" for me, and I have one somewhere if you want it.

I had a rest that I made from a couple of layers of foam sleeping pad and some 100mph tape on a synthetic stock. It worked great, but the tape edges got "gooey" in 130+ heat. But taping up a nice walnut stock is not the same. Ha.
my preferred method is just resting my chin on the stock. but thanks for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Have I mentioned that I'm jealous yet?
anytime your in SE wis drop on by for some range time. ive got a few rifles kicking around. i prefer rifles to handguns for the most part. some people buy gold i buy guns. least i can play with em.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

ohhhh do i wish i could own one. it is on my list just a few more down.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 AM   #26

Sweet Rifle......hope it serves you well.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero