Springfield Loaded 1911-A1 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Springfield Loaded 1911-A1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Good shooting Fred and it's nice to hear the new Springer ran well out of the box. I've had a number of them and the trigger pull has varied. You are on the right path as I like to get lots of rounds downrange before I start to tinker. It is very possible that a little tweaking on the sear spring will get the pull weight down to the 4.5-5# range though.

BTW, that C&S trigger pull kit is worth the money as it does as advertised and is made from high quality materials...

Old 02-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Good shooting Fred and it's nice to hear the new Springer ran well out of the box. I've had a number of them and the trigger pull has varied. You are on the right path as I like to get lots of rounds downrange before I start to tinker. It is very possible that a little tweaking on the sear spring will get the pull weight down to the 4.5-5# range though.

BTW, that C&S trigger pull kit is worth the money as it does as advertised and is made from high quality materials...
Thanks NGIB. I think I'm gonna have to agree with you from now on that Springers are the 1911s I prefer in ~1k price range. I did some reading last night about tweaking the sear spring, but I don't feel comfortable with doing that right now as I don't have that much experience with the platform yet. I'll probably give it a try on my next one though.

That's good to hear about the C&S kit. If I went that route I have a question though, what can I use to finish the hammer with to get it close in finish to a parkerized look?

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #23

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Thanks NGIB. I think I'm gonna have to agree with you from now on that Springers are the 1911s I prefer in ~1k price range. I did some reading last night about tweaking the sear spring, but I don't feel comfortable with doing that right now as I don't have that much experience with the platform yet. I'll probably give it a try on my next one though.

That's good to hear about the C&S kit. If I went that route I have a question though, what can I use to finish the hammer with to get it close in finish to a parkerized look?

-Fred
A little cold blue will darken it up some but to get a real parkerized look you'd have to parkerize it...

Old 02-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
A little cold blue will darken it up some but to get a real parkerized look you'd have to parkerize it...
Should have worded it a little better. I don't necessarily want it to look parkerized, I just want it to be flat instead of the typical glossy blue. Also, is there a cold blue you've had good results with?

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 03-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #25

Likes Given: 1

Can anyone help me out here im new to 1911s and parkerized pistols and ive had my SA loaded for a week now and well im a very paranoid person and i think i see the early signs of rust is that possible?When i got it it was well lubed took it to the range then after cleaned it but during the week i couldnt keep my hands off it since it was virtually my new toy and i want to get the feel and it seems the color seemed different than the pics ive seen on this forum and everywhere should i treat it with some remoil ive heard that helps keep it looking tip top so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
Can anyone help me out here im new to 1911s and parkerized pistols and ive had my SA loaded for a week now and well im a very paranoid person and i think i see the early signs of rust is that possible?When i got it it was well lubed took it to the range then after cleaned it but during the week i couldnt keep my hands off it since it was virtually my new toy and i want to get the feel and it seems the color seemed different than the pics ive seen on this forum and everywhere should i treat it with some remoil ive heard that helps keep it looking tip top so any help will be greatly appreciated.
you will want to keep a very light coating if oil all over, lube it up and wipe it down then stuff it in a sock.

Get you some fluid film.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 03-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #27

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
you will want to keep a very light coating if oil all over, lube it up and wipe it down then stuff it in a sock.

Get you some fluid film.
fluid film?

Old 03-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5732 Times on 2995 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
fluid film?
rem oil is da poop.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f100/rust-protection-fluid-film-vs-xf7-vs-wd-40-a-38007/

the good thing about parkerizing is it soaks up oil like a sponge. you really need to put a good coat and keep coating it everyday for almost a week to build it up. once you got that, only occasional oiling is all you need.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-16-2011, 01:58 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
fluid film?
shoot dano a PM, he'll send you a sample can.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 03-16-2011, 03:19 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default looking good

Great looking rig Fred and that's some pretty fair shooting for your first time out with er That's the one I've been eye balling when finally get my 1911 but I'm kinda going through a revolver lust right now it seems. Good luck and Happy shooting with your new 1911

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne