Springfield Loaded 1911-A1 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Springfield Loaded 1911-A1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

@ DoctheRock, it was $795. Came to about $850 with tax and background check. You can find them a little cheaper online, I think OzarkGuns has them for $740, but I didn't have all the cash up front and had to put it on layaway, plus with Shipping and transfer it wouldn't have been much cheaper online.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 AM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info. I want to add one to the collection and I like the looks of that one.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Fred,

Good shooting, dead bg all day.

I gotta ask, though. I got a Springer Loaded, and it came with an adjustable rear sight and it ran nears 'bout $850, even at Bud's.

Are you sure you did not get the Mil-Spec model?

My Loaded's trigger is nowhere near heavy, while it could possibly be made lighter, it is still pretty light at around 4# from the factory.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:35 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
I need to look at the corrective shooting target and see what's causing me to shoot left. It's either too much finger, or too little, I can't remember what.

Hope everyone enjoys.

-Fred
I can't remember either but I am thinking it is too much finger. Maybe someone that knows will help us.

HAVE FUN

Old 02-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Thanks for the info. I want to add one to the collection and I like the looks of that one.
I would definitely recommend them. I don't really have much to compare it to 1911 wise, but I have absolutely no complaints. And for the price, you can't beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Fred,

Good shooting, dead bg all day.

I gotta ask, though. I got a Springer Loaded, and it came with an adjustable rear sight and it ran nears 'bout $850, even at Bud's.

Are you sure you did not get the Mil-Spec model?

My Loaded's trigger is nowhere near heavy, while it could possibly be made lighter, it is still pretty light at around 4# from the factory.
It's a loaded. It's the PX9109LP. It's got novak cut night sights instead of the target sights.

From what I've read the trigger pull on them varies quite a bit. One guy bought two Loadeds, pretty much the same pistol except one was stainless, one was parkerized, and he said he could tell a noticeable difference in the pull weight of the two. I don't have a pull scale, but I'd bet it's around 7ish pounds. I wanna try to find someone I know with a scale.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 02-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiller View Post
I can't remember either but I am thinking it is too much finger. Maybe someone that knows will help us.
Just found the correction target. It's too little. I'll have to work on that next time out.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 AM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Nice Springer...great report, thanks for posting. How was the fit and finish out of the box? Slide to frame fit? didn't see any mention of any mag failures or FTFs in the report...thats good news for Springer mag owners...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Nice Springer...great report, thanks for posting. How was the fit and finish out of the box? Slide to frame fit? didn't see any mention of any mag failures or FTFs in the report...thats good news for Springer mag owners...
Nope, no malfunctions of any type. One thing I should of put in the report is that I was using Tripp 8 round mags. I'll have to go edit it.

As far as fit and finish, I don't have any other 1911s to compare it to, and I don't have much experience with them in general, but my guess is that the slide to frame fit is good, but not excellent. It has a little bit of side to side as well as vertical movement, but not much at all. If you shake the pistol, it doesn't really rattle. It's tight enough for me to be perfectly happy with it.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:52 AM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
It's a loaded. It's the PX9109LP. It's got novak cut night sights instead of the target sights.

From what I've read the trigger pull on them varies quite a bit. One guy bought two Loadeds, pretty much the same pistol except one was stainless, one was parkerized, and he said he could tell a noticeable difference in the pull weight of the two. I don't have a pull scale, but I'd bet it's around 7ish pounds. I wanna try to find someone I know with a scale.

-Fred
Ahh, I did not have the option of the Novaks as I got what the dealer had.

Mine is all stainless, so I am curious as to which your friend found to be the better trigger. Mine, I can't complain one bit and it is nowhere near 7#'s. I don't have a trigger feely thingy either, but the book with it said that the trigger was factory set at 'tween 4.5 and 5.5#'s. I can say that mine is near the low range of that.

Call SA and see what they have to say.

Nice gun, brother.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Ahh, I did not have the option of the Novaks as I got what the dealer had.

Mine is all stainless, so I am curious as to which your friend found to be the better trigger. Mine, I can't complain one bit and it is nowhere near 7#'s. I don't have a trigger feely thingy either, but the book with it said that the trigger was factory set at 'tween 4.5 and 5.5#'s. I can say that mine is near the low range of that.

Call SA and see what they have to say.

Nice gun, brother.
Luckily there's a pretty good size gun store near my house that has a pretty good selection, and they had that model marked down from $959, to $795, which is a pretty good price so I didn't even have to haggle with them.

As far as the trigger goes, I'm not gonna do anything until I get at least another 250 rounds through the gun. After that, if I'm still not happy with the trigger, I'll look at my options. The trigger isn't bad by any means, I just think it could be better. One thing I was looking at tonight was the Cylinder and Slide Trigger Pull Set. At the same time I'd replace the trigger and the MSH as well, which should help out the pull quite a bit.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!