Springfield Loaded 1911-A1
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Springfield Loaded 1911-A1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Springfield Loaded 1911-A1

Finally got a chance to take the Springfield to the range today, and all in all, it went pretty well. I ran 250 rounds through it, PMC and WWB, all 230 gr. fmj, and didn't have any malfunctions of any sort, which I was really pleased with. Just as a side note, this was using Tripp 8 round mags. I put the stock Springer mags in the junk pile as soon as I got the pistol. This is my first time shooting a 1911, and I must say that in my opinion, it is superior to anything else that I've shot, although the trigger is a little on the heavy side, but still breaks pretty crisply. After I get 500 rounds through it, I may try a few things to get the pull weight down. I started off by putting 1 round in all the mags, then 2, then 3 etc, all the way up to 6, then put 8 in the last 2, bringing me up to the first 100 rounds, all of which is on the first target. This was all done shooting pretty rapidly(probably at least 1 round a second, maybe quicker). Then one the rest of the targets, I slowed down a bit. Enough jibba jabba, time for some pics.

First off, just a couple pics of the pistol prior to shooting.

Then one post-shooting.

Here is a pic of the target of the first 100 rounds through the pistol, all shot offhand, pretty quickly, mostly to test pistol and mag function.

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Last edited by FCross7; 02-24-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Looks pretty good to me. Congrats on the new Springer.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #3

This is the next 25 rounds, shot at 7 yards, offhand, and a good steady pace, not too slow, not too fast. By far the best target of the day.

The is the next 25 rounds, same distance. Not as good as the first, but still not bad.

The next target was at 7 yards again, but was terrible shooting on my part so I threw it in the garbage. This picture is the following target, consisting of 25 shots, 10 yards, offhand.

Don't ask me how I got that flier way at the top of the target, because I have no idea. It almost hit the clip holding the target, which would have been really embarrassing.

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 02-24-2011, 01:55 AM   #4

At this point the barrel and pistol were both getting extremely dirty, and my hands and arms were getting tired, so my shooting suffered, but I wanted to shoot all 250 rounds today.

These next two targets are the last 50 rounds, shot at 7 yards, offhand. The first two pictures are of the same target, the second pic highlighting the best grouping of the target.

There it is folks, my first time out with the pistol. Even though I've only shot it the one time, it is by far my favorite pistol. Sadly, it's really too big for me to carry. The bright side is that it just gives me an excuse to buy a smaller one.

I need to look at the corrective shooting target and see what's causing me to shoot left. It's either too much finger, or too little, I can't remember what.

Hope everyone enjoys.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #5

Dang CA, that was some quick posting.

And thanks.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Us old guys can have some speed when we want to.

... Or luck.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm no gunsmith but in my experience a little tweaking on the sear spring can help a heavy but crisp trigger right much.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Nice shooting Fred, looks like the new pistol throws projectiles down range just fine!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Good shooting. Looks like a fun day, and very nice looking gun.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #10

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Looks good. If you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you?

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.