Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/springfield-armory-1911-loaded-32578/)

junho806 10-04-2010 12:57 AM

Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded

2 Attachment(s)
7yrd
230 gr FMJ winchester
keep shooting high or to the left need to fix that
the very last round was a FTE what might have caused it? i was using the crappy factory mag maybe that was the cause?

CourtJester 10-04-2010 01:06 AM

Good solid pattern. How far you shooting from?

Gojubrian 10-04-2010 01:06 AM

You gotta sow some more pics of the gun man!!

Looks like good shooting to me. It may take some time to break the gun in if it's pretty tight.

:cool:

Shihan 10-04-2010 01:10 AM

I always enjoy Junho's avatars.:D

Oh yeah sorry, got distracted, Looks like some good shooting to me. That is dead BG where I come from.

junho806 10-04-2010 01:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
it was at 7-8yrds courtjester and thanks guys
i'll take some more pics of her now
:D

CHLChris 10-04-2010 01:57 AM

Bad camera...bad camera...

Alright, you got it to start working finally.

Exactly my 1911 at this moment. The trigger is a bit heavy, but it works great for me. I love the heavy steel of the Loaded. And it doesn't have a finish that is so perfect and shiny that I am scared of handling it (like some of the stainless steel Kimbers).

Were you trying to hide the target behind the front sight? I think the aiming point is ABOVE the front sight on this handgun. Maybe that was bringing the point of impact a little high.

junho806 10-04-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 362390)
Bad camera...bad camera...

Alright, you got it to start working finally.

Exactly my 1911 at this moment. The trigger is a bit heavy, but it works great for me. I love the heavy steel of the Loaded. And it doesn't have a finish that is so perfect and shiny that I am scared of handling it (like some of the stainless steel Kimbers).

Were you trying to hide the target behind the front sight? I think the aiming point is ABOVE the front sight on this handgun. Maybe that was bringing the point of impact a little high.

i did some dry fire practice at the range with no rounds and i did notice i flinch ever so slightly upwards before i pull the trigger...
if i fixed it it would hit center but as soon as i forgot it would come back
thought i got rid of that ole habit but it keeps coming back just need to practice more consistantly
:mad:

Dillinger 10-04-2010 02:28 AM

Junho - Your groups are fine, bordering on excellent for your first time with a new weapon. Well done. ;)

It's going to take some practice to get used to shooting with that size weapon again, but nothing in your targets leads me to believe you have a "problem". The groups are tight and they are slightly off center. Once you have a tight grouping, it's much easier to move that grouping around.

If you were all over the board and had shots scattered everywhere, I would be concerned, but that is not the case.

On the FTE - it might be that the mag gave you a problem, it might be that you need a little time running some ammo through the weapon for a "break in" or it might have been that you just limp wristed the last shot. Did it happen with every set, or just on your last set of seven, or what?

All in all, there is nothing there that I see that I would be worried about. A little more practice and you will be shooting dimes. :cool:

JD

doctherock 10-04-2010 02:43 AM

The sight pic on my xd40 is above the front sight as well so I aim high too. Have to work on that. Good group you have there.

junho806 10-04-2010 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 362408)
On the FTE - it might be that the mag gave you a problem, it might be that you need a little time running some ammo through the weapon for a "break in" or it might have been that you just limp wristed the last shot. Did it happen with every set, or just on your last set of seven, or what?
JD

thanks JD
no it was the one and only and last round out of 100 that FTE
i couldn't fill the whole magazine maybe only 4 rounds in that last mag
i might have limp wristed because i just shot them quickly
:p