Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Springfield 1903A3 & AR15A1 Range Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5462 Times on 2853 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default Springfield 1903A3 & AR15A1 Range Report

So it finally got warm enough to get out to the range. 34 degrees. first chance to get the new A1 upper reciever i got from HighPlanesDrifter in action. it was also the first go with my new 1903A3 remington made springfield rifle out. i was still cold as hell but both did very well for open sights. when it gets warmer im really looking forward to sitting down without my glasses fogging up.

with the AR15A1 i used the new cammenga easy mags total of 60 rounds fired flawless function love em.

anyway here are the two rifles. the remington is a 1943 made remington all matching parts. the AR15A1 is parted together from a dpms A1 style upper reciever, a RRA lower, and an M16A1 1:12 twist MPI chrome lined barrel.

-Continued-

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-12-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Here is the range line over at McMiller in Eagle Wis. its a really well run range with active knowledgable and very helpful range officers. very very nice facility.

-Continued-

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Finally the results. i know i can do better once the weather warms a bit and my feet arent freezing and glasses fogging up. but here ya go. these are all open iron sights. i seemed to do better with the 1903A3. altho i did find it shooting way low so im going to have to fabricate a sight blade if i cant find the right height online somewhere.

the first group was almost off the paper but very tight. the second group i popped the rear peep to 400yds and it brought the impact about 3 inches above the poi where it should be.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Looks like a fun but cold day. I'm glad to see the 03 shooting so good. Now you don't have to worry about changing the barrel.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Looks like a fun but cold day. I'm glad to see the 03 shooting so good. Now you don't have to worry about changing the barrel.
ya im pretty damn happy considering i ran 50 rounds through it and the barrel stayed pretty clean. now i just gotta either find or fabricate the correct front sight blade

Old 02-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Very nice shooting Jon!! Can't believe the snow and I complain about 48 degrees, wind and rain.

People get the government they deserve.

Last edited by dunerunner; 02-13-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good stuff Jon. Too cold for me, but good stuff.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-13-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thanks. it was too cold still for me but i been itching to get those two out and try em. 4 hours out there. 2 hours on the 50 and 15 yard lines then 2 more on the 100 yard line. the RO was going like 20 min tween cease fires and there was a lot of peeps had the same idea as me. come out on the first not so suck day we have had since dec 1.

like a dunbsht i didnt think i needed my boots so i wore tennis shoes out here... oh its 34 it will be warm...

Old 02-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #9

Vary nice Jon, glad to see the upper is serving well. Cant wait to see the groups when it not so blistering cold.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #10

Hey there Jon, I'm the guy wearing all black (bottom right of the photo) in the photo of the firing line. It was great to meet you and talk rifles and reloading, thanks for directing me to the site!! Nice shooting

I'll put a range report up as well!