Springer TGO

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Springer TGO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Default Springer TGO

Along with my BUGs (practice for Monday's IDPA shoot), I packed up the TGO I got recently. Of course I broke it down and made sure it was clean and well oiled before the trip. After some frustrating times with the BUGs, the only one I shot well was the PPK, I hauled out the Springer.

I did my "pin shoot drill" using 2 smaller targets hung on the same hanger at 10 yards. What I do is come up from a low hold, fire at center mass, drop down and repeat on the other target. I fire quite rapidly, averaging about 1 second per shot or so. The gun performed flawlessly and I kept the groups on both targets about softball size at POA. I put 100 rounds thru it and I'm very happy with this one.

If I have any complaint at all, the front strap checkering is a tad aggressive and it came with slim grips & bushings. For the next trip, I'm going to change out the grips to a set of Pachmayr wrap-arounds like I have on the long slide.

One of these days I'll actually remember to take some pix of the targets - but here's a pic of the gun...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That sounds like pretty darn good shooting and a very nice pistol.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams